Tyler Cochran?

MAC Defensive Player of the Year

Yes! Please! The key to this team has to be great defense. You can overcome the lack of some big time players with defense and we just have not done it. It is amazing that Ben has gone backwards from Pitino on that score. This is Ben's next level to be reached if he is going to be the long term guy here.

Wow! This guy is a no-brainer if we can get him. In addition to his defensive prowess, he's a good shooter too.

Will Ben actually break tradition and give that 13th scholarship to a real scholarship recruit? Has there been an influx of NIL funds?

Not the big wing we need but definitely would be a welcomed addition rather than not using the scholly @Sane24

He's not so tall but he's definitely "big" in one respect: listed at 225 lbs. on their roster page. I'd say he should be able to take a charge better than our guards last season.

He's not so tall but he's definitely "big" in one respect: listed at 225 lbs. on their roster page. I'd say he should be able to take a charge better than our guards last season.
I woild bet without seeing his game that he could bqck down a smaller gaurd too. That’d be nice.

Banged up in 22-23? Only 9 games played. Led the Toledo squad in rebounds last season at 6’2”, also led the team and conference in steals.
Seems to love the MAC, was previously at Northern Illinois and Ball State before Toledo.
Love to see him fill that last spot with a contributor.
Edit: sidelined with a toe injury.

Last edited:

Why is everyone talking about Ben? He's not much of a factor in this.

We can HOPE that the roster situation is a factor. That Cochran wants guaranteed playing time...to ensure an overseas pro contract next year. So he might take less money this year for guaranteed playing time and a green light to score. So Ben's honesty-level could factor in.

But it's almost certainly about cashing-in in his final year. In which case we're not in contention. He will probably either choose Ohio State or another school. Sometimes another school pops up at the end out of nowhere.

Why is everyone talking about Ben? He's not much of a factor in this.

We can HOPE that the roster situation is a factor. That Cochran wants guaranteed playing time...to ensure an overseas pro contract next year. So he might take less money this year for guaranteed playing time and a green light to score. So Ben's honesty-level could factor in.

But it's almost certainly about cashing-in in his final year. In which case we're not in contention. He will probably either choose Ohio State or another school. Sometimes another school pops up at the end out of nowhere.
Gosh, I don’t know…..maybe because he’s the head coach of the Minnesota Gophers?

So what. 'College' basketball is officially a pro league now. At least for the better players who command money.

Do NBA players go to teams because of the coach?
No. They go where they are drafted. Big difference!

This would be a really nice pickup this late in the game.....there would have to be some NIL money that was slotted for Christie, right?

This would be a really nice pickup this late in the game.....there would have to be some NIL money that was slotted for Christie, right?

Much of that may be gone already. Christie entered the transfer portal on the last day (May 1st). I assume that Johnson decided at that point to recruit his position and Patterson didn't commit until May 18th. But, there must be something available if Johnson was still looking after Patterson's commitment.

No. They go where they are drafted. Big difference!

I said the same thing but then I realized that's not entirely true. Quite a few players enter the NBA as undrafted free agents and then there are the veteran free agents who get to choose their destinations.

Cochran looks like a perfect fit in a lot of ways.

Not the big wing we need but definitely would be a welcomed addition rather than not using the scholly @Sane24
Heard anything on Eikens? With the interest they showed in him and Cochran, it’s got me thinking they want to add one more.
(Made it a point to say “they” instead of “Ben”.

Last edited:

Top Bottom