Two Transfer CBs Visiting This Weekend

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Former 4-star Markevious Brown (from Ole Miss) on campus for the outside CB spot. Played 12 games for Ole Miss last year with 19 tackles (I believe). 3 years to play 2. Competing transfer offers from Wiscy, Indiana, Purdue, Pitt and BC.

Another unnamed transfer for the nickel spot behind Jack Henderson is here. Would replace Miles Fleming's vacated spot.

Brown played 169 snaps at CB and a bunch of special teams. Should still be some developmental upside with a guy this young.

Hope Mississippian Walley is in on the pitch. Assume he will be.

Looks like we are rebuilding, and potentially improving upon, CB depth for the next few seasons. Still wouldn’t mind seeing one more mature CB transfer—maybe a one-year guy—with a lot of starts under his belt, too.

Looks like we are rebuilding, and potentially improving upon, CB depth for the next few seasons. Still wouldn’t mind seeing one more mature CB transfer—maybe a one-year guy—with a lot of starts under his belt, too.

Pretty sure there aren't that many spots left as of now. One more outside corner to go along with the Elon transfer and one nickel/slot guy for more depth. I don't think we are even going for an OL transfer as they know their spots are limited.

Pretty sure there aren't that many spots left as of now. One more outside corner to go along with the Elon transfer and one nickel/slot guy for more depth. I don't think we are even going for an OL transfer as they know their spots are limited.

Unless something has changed, I thought we also still had George Udo out of BYU coming in next weekend. He would be a grad transfer with just the one year. He hasn't had a ton of playing time, so I assume this would be more for depth.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4428727/george-udo

Unless something has changed, I thought we also still had George Udo out of BYU coming in next weekend. He would be a grad transfer with just the one year. He hasn't had a ton of playing time, so I assume this would be more for depth.

Not sure why we'd take a grad transfer (albeit one with good size) who has played so little in his career unless he has two years of eligibility left and some obvious untapped potential. Maybe he gets an extra COVID year?

Not sure why we'd take a grad transfer (albeit one with good size) who has played so little in his career unless he has two years of eligibility left and some obvious untapped potential. Maybe he gets an extra COVID year?
He’s played a fair amount. I think he’d back up Henderson.

Udo would only come visit still if they don't get Brown.

Also looks like Craig McDonald from Minnehaha Academy and then Iowa State and Auburn is the nickel visiting

Go Gophers!!
Know where else he is visiting before making a decision?

Also -- as always -- wonder what the story was for why he didn't want to stick around Ole Miss. Could be as easy as a coaching change, but I always wonder about that.

Know where else he is visiting before making a decision?

Also -- as always -- wonder what the story was for why he didn't want to stick around Ole Miss. Could be as easy as a coaching change, but I always wonder about that.
I always wonder about that, too, but the fact is the reason hardly matters anymore. I'm not sure many of the transfers even have reasons. And, if they have a reason that may raise eyebrows, I'm sure the coaches will figure it out.

That's exactly what we got in Elon grad-transfer Tre'Von Jones.

Top Bottom