Two Point Try

I understand the scrimmage kick formation, but if it’s an attempt for try and don’t have a holder, is it a legal formation with exceptions and protections? I agree with you that is a form of scrimmage kick formation. Great play to get answers to and see difference between HS and NCAA rules.
A punt is a scrimmage kick
You don’t need a holder
A drop kick is a scrimmage kick

Big man looked really tentative ... had he piled in there he would have scored. Oh well, I liked the creativity of the play if not the execution.

I didn't have a problem with that. IMO it forces the team to try for a TD (and they did) and eat more time doing it .... maybe they shoot for two field goals to tie, but I think that's a hell of a lot more likely than going for 2 again and if you miss and are only up by 5 ... they going to play the field goal game.

I think it is one of those weird situations where if you're up 6 you're daring BG to play for a TD, and in doing so they eat away their time to do anything else.
We weren't up 5, we were up 12. There's zero chance they were going to try and kick FG's at that point, certainly not once it was in the 4th quarter. There was zero logic in not going for two after the last two TD's.

We weren't up 5, we were up 12. There's zero chance they were going to try and kick FG's at that point, certainly not once it was in the 4th quarter. There was zero logic in not going for two after the last two TD's.
Yeah. Over 10 minutes left in the game I am okay with going for one because too many ways game can go to say for certain one strategy or another is better. But the last gopher touchdown 100% would’ve been better to go for two.

Thank god that didn't happen. Truly would have been the darkest timeline....and possibly the biggest PJ gaffe in his tenure.
Um ... you do realize we were playing in a bowl game in Detroit against Bowling Green.

It is really weird, right? Like going for it on 4th down against Ohio St at like their own 30 yard line in the 1st half. He's so conservative but then every once in awhile does a "oh yeah, watch this".
This play had a better than 50% chance of working. Kessich is a big, strong dude. A real athlete. He can throw it or run it. It was his slight hesitation between the two that cost him a step.

But Dragon coming from ten yards out at speed against a couple defenders forced to hang at the goal line to defend pass, odds are that he can bust through a couple of guys and score.

Top Bottom