Tweet From Dre

zambam

Reaction score
"Wow i played horrible..lot of work to do in the off season..as a team we came a long way! Excited for next season! Gotta love #gophernation"

It was re-tweeted by Trevor. Clearly the way he played today will help drive him in the off-season, despite it being a meaningless game.

Love that mentality. Sees room for improvement in his game, gonna work hard to make himself better, putting the loss behind him, looking ahead to playing better next year. Still got three more seasons of this guy!

And some guy's response...

"@AndreHollins you were in the N.I.T nothing to be proud of...
#embaressed"
"@AndreHollins Wisco swag.. #Bucky"

Dre was accountable - a great sign. Raftery had a decent point about Dre improving his left hand ball handling skills.

And some guy's response...

"@AndreHollins you were in the N.I.T nothing to be proud of...
#embaressed"
"@AndreHollins Wisco swag.. #Bucky"

Love Dre's response to the kid:

"Thanks for your support!Btw you spelled embarrassed wrong.RT @bkabat22:mad:AndreHollins you were in the N.I.T nothing to be proud of#embaressed"

Go Gophers!!

I'm very comfortable with the thought that this will become "his" team in the upcoming years.

"Thanks for your support!Btw you spelled embarrassed wrong.RT @bkabat22:mad:AndreHollins you were in the N.I.T nothing to be proud of#embaressed"

Go Gophers!!

LOL! A kid that is accountable, and can read and write. Not a great game for him, but loved what we all saw coming into this game. Everyone has an off day. The future is bright for Dre.

He obviously knows how to counter the hate. Hate comes with being a good player. If he wasn't good, people would likely not tweet him. When Jeff Gordon was getting booed, Dale Earnhardt told him, “At least they’re making noise. It’s when they stop making noise that you know something’s wrong.”

Go Gophers!!

It's been documented on here many times before, but there's nothing more ironic to me than when someone tries to rip on someone else (calling them dumb, stupid, embarrassing, etc.) with a misspelled word/grammatical error in their message. Classic response from Dre.

I love Bill Raftery, but that point was actually made by Fran Fraschilla, not Raftery.
And then Raftery kept saying it and saying it and saying it and saying it and saying and saying it................................

Grammar: the difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

I love him stepping up and taking some responsibility (regardless of how much of the loss was on him). Also, sounds like he is a cool customer able to let the criticism roll off his shoulders while also making me chuckle with his response. Have a good off-season son, I expect more great play from you next year.

Just speculating, but I think the embarrassment of going thud against Tulane in the '96 NIT helped drive the team to prove they were better than that in '97. That's a definition of mental toughness - to not accept getting beat like that lying down. I hope the bitter taste stays with them for a while - in a good way.

Just speculating, but I think the embarrassment of going thud against Tulane in the '96 NIT helped drive the team to prove they were better than that in '97. That's a definition of mental toughness - to not accept getting beat like that lying down. I hope the bitter taste stays with them for a while - in a good way.

Touche, Bad. As I stared at the flat screen in disbelief last night, I could only think that the poor performance would provide some motivation for working hard in the summer. For Andre, going left.

While I like his intellignet retort to the idiot's tweet, I would rather have him spend time working on his left than giving quick witted responses to the morons trashing him in social media. I like this kid and agree with others that he needs some help from other guys handling the ball in the back court. Here is hoping Joe and Julian will work on their ball handling.

I would rather have him spend time working on his left than giving quick witted responses to the morons trashing him in social media.

I think he can afford to take the 10 seconds out of the day it took him to respond.

I think he can afford to take the 10 seconds out of the day it took him to respond.

I don't know, those 10 second periods can start stacking up. Before too long, Dre might start taking MINUTES away from basketball to live his life! I say we cut this kind of crap off before it becomes too big of a problem.

For Dre to be the guy he has to be able to go in either direction w/o thinking about it. Staying out of double teams is equally important. Let's see how much he improves. Could care less how much time he enjoys his college life outside of basketball, just get the degree and work on your skills Dude.

For Dre to be the guy he has to be able to go in either direction w/o thinking about it. Staying out of double teams is equally important. Let's see how much he improves. Could care less how much time he enjoys his college life outside of basketball, just get the degree and work on your skills Dude.
1) The why don't you?
2) Either way this is a stupid statement. If players don't enjoy themselves here that will make it a lot more likely they transfer.

Top Bottom