Tuesday against Indiana...

Reaction score
If Tuesday night goes as poorly as I believe it will....how badly will the home crowd react? I still remember the band trying to play over the FIRE MASON chants at the Dome against NDSU....not sure they would be able to block out the chants of FIRE TUBBY in the barn. Teague has now seen firsthand how lost this team is on the road...my prediction is he will see firsthand how fed up the fan base is on Tuesday.

For the love of all that is holy. If the student section bows down to Tubby I'm going to lose it. They should be starting the fire tubby chants. Not chanting his name.

I'd hope for stone cold silence initially, and if the team is down by 30, do what you feel needs to be done

I don't suppose it would be too much to ask for people just not go to the game? That would be louder and clearer than any chant.

I'll be at the game.

We are playing the number one team in the country and the game is nationally televised. Our recruits will be watching. We should go to cheer loudly and see if we can lift this corpse of a team back to life. The team will need everything the crowd has. Even if we win I think Tubby gets fired - assuming Teague is competent- so there is nothing to lose in just rooting for the Gophers and doing so with the passion the team has not shown.

If recruits are there I hope we don't act like assbags

Alvin Ellis was retweeting tweets to him saying things like "We need you because Tubby is terrible." And "hopefully tubby is gone when you get here."

I don't think recruits care too much. As long as we don't turn on the players.

And if Tubby resurrects the corpse, no reason not to applaud him.

Sure- of course. Congrats on the win and another 6th place finish. We love you. Thanks for your services. You are fired.

If we IU, get to the round of 32 and Tubby gets axed all of the backlash we got for canning Mason will pale in comparison

If we IU, get to the round of 32 and Tubby gets axed all of the backlash we got for canning Mason will pale in comparison

If we beat IU (and I am on record that I think we'll lose by 20+) and get at least one NCAA win, I think Tubby saves his job and Teague saves 2.5 million dollars.

Alvin Ellis was retweeting tweets to him saying things like "We need you because Tubby is terrible." And "hopefully tubby is gone when you get here."

I don't think recruits care too much. As long as we don't turn on the players.

So if we are missing shots and free throws and the fans start booing will the players take that towards them or tubby? I'm an adult I won't boo amateur athletics no matter the coach or the situation.

Tuesday against Indiana...

I'll be cheering my fool head off for the Gophers.

How do you foresee yourself reacting to Tubby's introduction?

Its the only basketball game I'm making it to live this year. I'll do my best to cheer my team on to victory and hope like heck they disprove everything I think about their prospects for postseason success this year.

This year has made me really glad I'm a hockey guy.

I don't suppose it would be too much to ask for people just not go to the game? That would be louder and clearer than any chant.

Wow.. not a hoops or Gopher fan eh? The number 1 team is coming to town and I am excited to attend. There is always a buzz. I hope we kick the F'ing living sh$t out of Indy. I will cheer loudly for the Gophers. I didn't buy season tickets to use my seats as a pawn.. I bought them to support the U because I love the U. The coaching situation will take care of itself in time.

Wow.. not a hoops or Gopher fan eh? The number 1 team is coming to town and I am excited to attend. There is always a buzz. I hope we kick the F'ing living sh$t out of Indy. I will cheer loudly for the Gophers. I didn't buy season tickets to use my seats as a pawn.. I bought them to support the U because I love the U. The coaching situation will take care of itself in time.

Agreed. We still have three shots to create some excitement this season:

1. Beat #1 in the nation at home
2. Win the BT Tournament
3. Sweet 16 or better

Looking forward to Tuesday.

Go Gophers!!

Actually, I'm both a hoops and Gopher fan...I just know that one of the few tools for change that fans have is their attendance or lack their of.

Agreed. We still have three shots to create some excitement this season:

1. Beat #1 in the nation at home
2. Win the BT Tournament
3. Sweet 16 or better

Looking forward to Tuesday.

Go Gophers!!

I'd be thrilled for a few days if we beat Indiana, but only because of revived hope for the other two. At the end of the day, it has to be 2 or 3 for me to enter the off-season excited. They don't hang banners for impressive regular season upsets. This team is way too good for the high point of this season to be an OT win against a rival or even a regular season upset of the #1 team in the country.

Top Bottom