Tubby: "That's why we have to recruit better players..." = Classless

sorry, I don't see much of a difference between sparty and us... in fact, i see no difference ( tubby era ).

and I don't see how one 5* for Sparty makes it "a bunch of 5 stars"

and I don't see 10 4/5*'s for sparty. I see seven. also, several of the 4*'s are borderline with other sites ranking them as 3*s. ( green is 123 on Rivals, Dahlman 112, lucious 98th, sherman 76th, etc )
Well, excuse me then. But (per RSCI) one 5* player and nine 4* players definitely makes a bunch of 4 star players then.

It appears that you obviously have no idea what the RSCI is. It's a compilation of many recruiting sites. Take a look for yourself. http://rscihoops.com/

You gathered all your facts from looking at one site. You do know that Rivals isn't the one and only so-called definitive expert in recruiting, right? Also, how does Tubby's next class compare to Izzo's? I see three MSU players in the consensus Top 100, one being a McD's All-American.

Oh, and tell me again...what 5 star player does Minnesota even have? Last I checked he quit school. (And since you bring up "borderline"...you do know that some sites have Royce as only a 4* star player, right?)

I agree that Self is a superior recruiter to Izzo. But that was never the point I was making.

I think the lion's share of the really harsh criticism on this board of Tubby is coming from racist inbred Kentucky trolls.

OK, I'm not xenophobic at all - in fact, I love to travel and visit Alabama every spring to golf. But it really is fun to make fun of the south, isn't it? (Lotta material, man.)

Well, excuse me then. But (per RSCI) one 5* player and nine 4* players definitely makes a bunch of 4 star players then.

It appears that you obviously have no idea what the RSCI is. It's a compilation of many recruiting sites. Take a look for yourself. http://rscihoops.com/

You gathered all your facts from looking at one site. You do know that Rivals isn't the one and only so-called definitive expert in recruiting, right? Also, how does Tubby's next class compare to Izzo's? I see three MSU players in the consensus Top 100, one being a McD's All-American.

Oh, and tell me again...what 5 star player does Minnesota even have? Last I checked he quit school. (And since you bring up "borderline"...you do know that some sites have Royce as only a 4* star player, right?)

I agree that Self is a superior recruiter to Izzo. But that was never the point I was making.

Then it is on Tubby to recruit better players. If he pulls Joseph out of the air it'll go a long way in silencing these arguments.

Does anyone else here get the sense that some of these players are frustrated at the amount of playing time they get, even when they're having a good game?

my issue was with this statement: "Izzo, Self, and Williams always have rosters full of 4 and 5 star players"...
making sparty out to be Kansas-east or Carolina-north..
no way.
just this year, Carolina brought in 6 guys in the top 37 (espn (i like to find the sites that back my arguments ;) ).. the ENTIRE BIG 10 only brought in 2... sparty's top guy was nix at #97.
izzo gets the most out of his players.. most of them are 35 - 100 nationally with more falling above 100 than below 35.
yes, next year he has a top 5 team.
so does ohio state.
and Illinois.

these might be the 'good old days' for us :(

tubby's replacement?

Who would you replace Tubby with? He is as good a coach as we're capable of attracting. And I don't think the jury is up either. ....

I don't think its impossible to find a better coach than Tubby. I think Jim Dutcher and Clem Haskins both won more than Tubby. I like Tubby but I honestly expected much more from him by now. I think after this season, Tubby might just decide to leave on his own accord if another good job opens up and I surprisingly won't miss him much.

I don't think its impossible to find a better coach than Tubby. I think Jim Dutcher and Clem Haskins both won more than Tubby. I like Tubby but I honestly expected much more from him by now. I think after this season, Tubby might just decide to leave on his own accord if another good job opens up and I surprisingly won't miss him much.

Who? Jim Dutcher wasn't better then Tubby and was in a completely different era. Clem cheated. Who are we getting that's better then a future hall-of-famer? If Tubby leaves it sets this program back severely. Especially with Gentleman Joel Maturi making the hire. Tim Miles is not an upgrade over Tubby Smith.

Tubby might retire (his body language and facial expressions on the sideline seem to indicate disengagement) but he won't take another job. He's 58 and there aren't as many schools willing to pay $2.5M a year for a head coach as a couple of years ago.

Roy, on very special occasions I enjoy a Dos Equis, Sam Adams, but only special occasions. For the rest of my sparetime (all non-special occasions) I enjoy anything, as long as it is not car trunk warm Blatz Light at the 4th of July cookout. :)

Top Bottom