True Freshman Scouting Report

Gopher Gold

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread but of the freshman who saw action yesterday how did they look? Guys like Amaefula, Goodger, Jones, Olson, Wells, Shortell? I know Shortell looked pretty impressive but what about the others and also Kill mentioned Edwards as a pass rusher, how'd he look?

It was hard to keep really close track but i'll try to help....

Amaefula : I noticed him in the game, more in the 2nd half because he kind of looks like a RB out there. He isn't super tall and he isn't very big. So he kind of stood out, so I watched him closely and he played stronger than he looks. I was actually kind of impressed with him, got off the ball quick and was on the field a lot in the 2nd half when our defense was really playing well.

Goodger: The bad: I didn't really notice him out there. The good: I didn't really notice him out there. He will be a blocking TE and I thought we actually blocked pretty good in the 2nd half but specifically him....I couldn't really tell.

Jones: Looked fast, made a pretty impressive catch.

Olson: The bit on focused on him, he looked legitimate. He is young, so he wasn't dominating or anything but he looked like he fit in. (Next game, I am going to make an effort to watch the specific players more, I was kind of just caught up in week 1 of college football).

Wells: To be honest...I didn't specifically notice. I heard he played a lot in the 2nd half and if he was on the field a lot in a half of football that shut out Barkley and Woods, and he never got "found"...he must've played decent.

Shortell: Looked good.

Olson: The bit on focused on him, he looked legitimate. He is young, so he wasn't dominating or anything but he looked like he fit in. (Next game, I am going to make an effort to watch the specific players more, I was kind of just caught up in week 1 of college football).

A poster on another forum did a play by play recap & Olson (In addition to his 3 false starts) was consistently beaten & diving at ankles. Both he & Gjere need to step it up.

A poster on another forum did a play by play recap & Olson (In addition to his 3 false starts) was consistently beaten & diving at ankles. Both he & Gjere need to step it up.

We are talking about Tommy, not eddy.

Top Bottom