Trill Carter in the portal

….. what?!
That came from Val Martin, the DT who was complaining last year about how his decision to transfer to MN was the worst decision of his life. Then he said something like, "to the player who punched me in the face, I'm still in Mpls" or something similar. Carter was the one who punched him.

I don't think he transferred anywhere though, just looks like football is over for him.

I’d be interested in seeing the number of transfers with multiple years of eligibility remaining ultimately end up transferring a second time. Just from anecdotal evidence, it sure seems really high. As the saying goes, “the grass isn’t always greener”.

DTs sets the tone of the defense. They make or break you. During the Illinois game we found out the hard way. Jer'Zhan Newton playing in the 2nd half after sitting out his suspension was a game changer. The Gopher offense could not handle him. His disruption was very noticeable. Without him I believe the Gophers would have had better ball control running out the clock. Winning the game. A bit under sized (short) fits a 4-3 than a 3-4 front for the NFL but will be playing Sundays.

DTs sets the tone of the defense. They make or break you. During the Illinois game we found out the hard way. Jer'Zhan Newton playing in the 2nd half after sitting out his suspension was a game changer. The Gopher offense could not handle him. His disruption was very noticeable. Without him I believe the Gophers would have had better ball control running out the clock. Winning the game. A bit under sized (short) fits a 4-3 than a 3-4 front for the NFL but will be playing Sundays.
Some mock drafts have him a top 15 pick and the first DT off the board.

Football is played with the legs, S Johnny Randle proved

I checked his stats for TX last season. 2 tackles and 7 assisted tackles. He left us (and major playing time) to post those stats last season?!

Top Bottom