Trevor Barsamian

This is a great thread. Things have been altogether too quiet around here of late....

If you're not a top-tier prospect, the name of the game is getting yourself noticed. Now, a lot of kids hire "recruiting services" (of which there are plenty). These things can be really hit or miss. They charge in the four-figure range to make you a highlight video and simply send it out to colleges. So unless the recruiting service has some serious contacts - and most don't - it's a big waste of cash.

Now, I'm not completely familiar with this kid's situation, but I do know berecruited.com and most college message boards are free. Making your own highlight video can be free or very cheap.

So a kid goes out and tries to make a name for himself (and hopefully obtain a scholarship) and he gets ridiculed by a bunch of middle-aged men who never played college football. Seems real fair.

exactly.... this is suppose to be the land of opportunity so what if he post on message boards, so what if he claims he has offers the squeaky wheel gets the grease, good for that kid and whoever was behind him no shame in trying.

exactly.... this is suppose to be the land of opportunity so what if he post on message boards, so what if he claims he has offers the squeaky wheel gets the grease, good for that kid and whoever was behind him no shame in trying.

Mini... did you actually read any of the stuff that was being posted by "iamhuge" on football message boards all over the place? There are links on this page. It is pretty interesting reading. How about if the skill is there but the grades aren't? No shame in cheating on the ACT? What type of fibs are 'no shame' and which ones are wrong?

If you're not a top-tier prospect, the name of the game is getting yourself noticed. Now, a lot of kids hire "recruiting services" (of which there are plenty). These things can be really hit or miss. They charge in the four-figure range to make you a highlight video and simply send it out to colleges. So unless the recruiting service has some serious contacts - and most don't - it's a big waste of cash.

Now, I'm not completely familiar with this kid's situation, but I do know berecruited.com and most college message boards are free. Making your own highlight video can be free or very cheap.

So a kid goes out and tries to make a name for himself (and hopefully obtain a scholarship) and he gets ridiculed by a bunch of middle-aged men who never played college football. Seems real fair.

HAHA.......agreed. For every Seantrel Henderson with hundreds of offers to choose from, there are many, many "fringe" players who are trying to make a name for themselves to pick up an offer.
I can't blame the kid AT ALL for trying. With the cost of education what it is today, that is huge bucks saved if you can land a scholarship. I wish the kid well and hope he does great things over there.

Dpodoll68 is becoming a bigger D-bag as the days go by.

Disagree. Dpodoll is right on here. This was a pretty sad and pathetic attempt. Had he been honest and said that they hoped we liked the video and he wanted to be a gopher, I would agree that making fun would be cruel. But they tried to act like he was the next big thing and were dishonest, and now he's going to a D3 school not named SJU, Whitewater, or Mt Union? Incredibly pathetic attempt, and deserving of ridicule. Florida? Alabama? Come on!

Am I the only one who feels a little honored that he included us among some major national powerhouses in his PR efforts?

Disagree. Dpodoll is right on here. This was a pretty sad and pathetic attempt. Had he been honest and said that they hoped we liked the video and he wanted to be a gopher, I would agree that making fun would be cruel. But they tried to act like he was the next big thing and were dishonest, and now he's going to a D3 school not named SJU, Whitewater, or Mt Union? Incredibly pathetic attempt, and deserving of ridicule. Florida? Alabama? Come on!

+1. Very well put my friend.

yeah you guys are right, theres no room in the game for kids like this. Who on earth would want a kid that plays to the whistle and looks to blow a kid up every play. If I were a coach I'd take this kid on my team any day, not many kids wanna tackle someone like this on a cold day

Dpodoll68 is becoming a bigger D-bag as the days go by.

Great addition to the discussion. Thank you for your weekly contribution.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html

yeah you guys are right, theres no room in the game for kids like this. Who on earth would want a kid that plays to the whistle and looks to blow a kid up every play. If I were a coach I'd take this kid on my team any day, not many kids wanna tackle someone like this on a cold day

Please tell me the answer to the following question, because I'm really curious. How can someone read a 2-page thread and still completely and utterly miss the point? How does that happen?

This is certainly one of the more entertaining threads in awhile. I have to side with dpodoll. If the kid wouldn't have lied to us and would've just shown us his highlight tape, I wouldn't have a problem with it and I'm guessing most on here wouldn't. But when you tell us you're the "next big thing" and end up at a weak D-3, you deserve the ridicule you're going to get.

You haven't added anything to any discussion in weeks. Lately, all you want to do is come on here and try to out debate people and try to display your self perceived superior intellect.

Your pompous and condescending tone has gotten old. That is all.

You haven't added anything to any discussion in weeks. Lately, all you want to do is come on here and try to out debate people and try to display your self perceived superior intellect.

It's good to have an opinion. Yours is wrong, but I'm glad you have it.

I guess I'll just have to step up my game. You currently have a stranglehold on the "posting once a week solely to regurgitate things others have already said, while at the same time being rife with spelling, stylistic and grammatical errors" style, but perhaps with some time and effort, I can one day aspire to your lofty perch.

I'd appreciate it if your weekly posts from now on were solely about me and how I'm doing as a poster. It's not like it would be any less substantive than your current contributions.

I don't know, even though I sometimes disagree with him (see qb thread from earlier in the week) I think he adds quite a bit to the board, dispite his tone at times. He usually backs his position pretty well and most importantly, if I see something that someone posts and wonder if it is factually accurate he almost always does the research and posts it. The biggest problem I have is when I get to this point in a post I can never remember what the heck his name is and usually resort to dpoll.

I'm going to have to agree with Rat, I'd like to meet this dpodoll because every time I read useless comments his name pops up and thats the one I remember. He might be the biggest hater in the world, extremely bitter about something. I just wanna give him a hug and tell him everythings alright.

Interesting that half the people ripping on dpodoll have less than 10 posts...hmmm. Someone creating screen names just to agree with them self?

Interesting that half the people ripping on dpodoll have less than 10 posts...hmmm. Someone creating screen names just to agree with them self?

It wouldn't be the first time...I noticed that as well.

While he won't be a Gopher, I'm going to bet that this kid has a really good college football career. He looks like a D1 talent to me, so there is a good chance he will be pretty dominant at the D3 level.

Top Bottom