Trestman not good enough for the Gophers

@MSgopher- I honestly have no idea what you are talking about..I live in Winnipeg, woke up this morning, hit tsn.ca and saw the article and posted it...thats it..TSN is the espn equivalent, I don't run TSN LOL!..

My apologies Rye Guy. I am still on the hunt for those Save Gopher Football jerks who continue to troll here after trashing our University and the coaching search. My trigger has become too sensitive so again, i apologize.

@MSgopher- I honestly have no idea what you are talking about..I live in Winnipeg, woke up this morning, hit tsn.ca and saw the article and posted it...thats it..TSN is the espn equivalent, I don't run TSN LOL!..

Why did you edit out "check my IP address" at the end of your post?

Nice use of LOL! by the way. We all know who loves that phrase.

Is that you Art "badger" Vandelay? I see your last log in was over 2 days ago. That's so not like you, especially on weekends. On a little business trip to Winnipeg perhaps and couldn't resist a little weekend posting?

Hey Art, why don't you log in today so you can shoot down this little conspiracy theory.

I edited the "check my IP address" comment because i realized it was irrelevant and might make me look stupid.....by all means check my IP address if you want, I have no ties with the people msgopher is talking about..

@MSgopher- no worries I figured it was something like that..I don't follow this board all that much..

I edited the "check my IP address" comment because i realized it was irrelevant and might make me look stupid.....by all means check my IP address if you want, I have no ties with the people msgopher is talking about..

@MSgopher- no worries I figured it was something like that..I don't follow this board all that much..

if only Art "badger" Vandelay logged in (like he always does), we could compare yours with his. Come on Art, just log in big fella....

Art Vandelay
Last Activity: 12-10-2010 04:37 PM

I do not like the Kill hire but I am not about to turn around and bash the U for passing on Trestman if Miami is dumb enough to consider buying that bill of goods.

totally missed the point,...again I'm not a Trestman supporter, just playing the devil's advocate here...His recruiting advantage could be that he has strong ties to the CFL. The majority of players for a last place big ten team aren't going to the NFL for the most part.....Might as well have something for these left overs to shoot for after college..That being said the CFL would be a long shot for most recruits at the U of M but at least its a shot......that's my point...

Wow, you might be retarded.

Trestman has more modern ties to Miami than he does to Minnesota. To add to that, Trestman is well known for not liking to recruit. At Miami you have a huge amount of talent just in your city alone. So it isn't like Trestman has to do much work in that department.

If Miami hires Trestman, then you will have known that they REALLY MESSED up their coaching search. Miami fans are beside themselves that he is even a candidate for the job.

Come on Art "badger" Vandelay, log in just for me and prove your not in Winnipeg right now. Please?

Maybe you can say you're trapped in snow with no internet access. Or you could always use the family obligations excuse....I'm sure you'll get creative.

I'll tell you this, no one makes up a back story that they are in Winnipeg. Those of us who live here generally claim we live elsewhere. There was a Ryeguy on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers forum a few years back but he got kicked off after reporting eye witness sightings of weed smoking by the players.

I think what the Miami job indicates is that Trestman was a viable candidate. The funny thing is that havng Sid and the other seniors backing you clearly erodes your credability.

Not that he wasn't "good" enough. Maturi seems to have set up some criteria for the coach he wanted, and Trestman didn't meet it.

absolutely, no argument there....I was merely trying to play devils advocate and defend people like Dungy who put Trestman at the top of their list....I think he's overated simply because he's been coaching a hall of fame QB for the whole time he's been there..The CFL is a QB league..

For the last time DUNGY DID NOT PUT TRESTMAN AT THE TOP OF HIS LIST! I cannot believe how many people have taken that quote completely out of context.

I guess that so far in 2010, he is not good enough for the Gophers or any other college team, if that's the way you want to look at it. If he hates recruiting that much, the college game is no place for him. Maybe he should continue to coach football up in Canada. He must be good enough to be a head coach up in Canada in the CFL. I think he should keep doing that. If he has a good thing going there, that must be a pretty good thing for him to be doing. The Canadian Currency has been very strong against the dollar, so, if he receives his pay in the Canadian Currency, he should be able to buy all the goods and services he wants in Minnesota relatively cheaply when he brings his Canadian Coin to the states!

Hopefully, Coach Kill will be at Minnesota for so long, that Minnesota won't be looking for a new football coach until Trestman no longer even wants to think about coaching CFL football. His name has been brought up entirely too many times by his friends for a job at the University of Minnesota. I'd say that approach just does not seem to be working. He has a nice gig in Canada, it would seem. I think it is time for Mark Trestman to fall in love and make a committment to the job he has got. Coach in Canada until you don't want to coach any longer Mark Trestman. It is good to be committed...and it is good to be employed and it is good for Mark Trestman to be an employed CFL Coach...

+1000

How many college programs has he turned around? or how about just a college offence.

Top Bottom