Traye Simmons

are you on something? Simmons and Harris have nothing in common. Simmons has NFL talent and was a huge get in the recruiting battle. He may get toasted once in awhile, usually on a blown assignment not because of lack of skills. His 1 on 1 coverage skills are very good.

Thanks for last years scouting report. This year he has been disappointing.

I got called out four weeks ago for stating that Mike Lehan was a better corner than Traye Simmons. Whoever lambasted me, feel free to apologize at any time...

I'm not that big on Simmons. He has a fair amount of ability, although I think he'll be hard pressed to make his way onto an NFL roster. He's a terrible tackler.

Good man-to-man skills and maybe the change in coordinators has hurt him some.

Some of you guys don't know what you're talking about. In Man, BPT has been very solid all year, just like last year. The issue is that we're playing a ton of zone this year, probably around 85% and its very clear that BPT isn't comfortable in zone and has a tendency to miss assignments. Remember that this is the same guy that was locking guys down last year when he was allowed to play in his comfort zone which is bump and run or 5 yds off the line. He's clearly not as comfortable in his backpedal or in zone. In fairness to him he probably hasn't played much zone in his life at all. The kid still has potential, its just too bad this is his last year. I do hope he gets a shot at the NFL because he CAN cover people

Because they never play zone in the NFL.......:rolleyes:

Top Bottom