Travis Busch

GopherLady

Reaction score
This is obviously hindsight - as no one would have guessed that we'd be 3 men down at the start of the NC season....but man, would it be nice to have Busch on the roster. Let's be honest - I thought he added a lot to the team, so I would have liked to have him here this year regardless, but right now - it would have been really nice to have that extra body, his work ethic, along with another experienced player.

Just my random thought at 12:44am, when I should be asleep to start tailgating early tomorrow morning, but can't seem to step away from GH...haha.

I think you are correct if you are looking at inangible things and short term fixes. I certainly liked him and he did about as well here as he could. But, I think the future of the program lies elsewhere. Although we are very thin right now, the minutes that might have gone to Travis are probably better off being used by a younger player (whoever that might be) IMO.

Busch got hurt in the Pulley summer league and is out for the year. IIRC it was his knee. May or may not get another year of eligibility.

Staying with the Gophers presumably would not have changed that.

yea we sure could've used a 6'4" power forward on this roster. Seriously though he would've been a good practice player but you don't want him playing B10 minutes

Busch is not done for the season, he had ACL surgery and has started 2 practice with his team. He is expected 2 get Doctors approval 2 play by Dec. 1st, work ethic. He is pulling a 3.5 in his Masters program.

But I guess the program is better off with thugs & drugs!

""But I guess the program is better off with thugs & drugs! ""

Wow....stupid comment...IOW, the rest of the team is all bad. :confused:

And yet the Gopher basketball team is still better than Colorado State and the U is a better school than CSU.

And there was that whole incident two years ago where one CSU player held a gun to his teammates head, so you might just want to keep things in perspective.

Yes the Gophers did beat CSU by 2 points, what happened 2 the kid with the gun? gone. Is one school better than the other, who cares. It has been in the paper quite often about the thugs, not talking about the whole team. When someone fails 3 drug test maybe they should go play some where else. Where are the standards.

yea we sure could've used a 6'4" power forward on this roster. Seriously though he would've been a good practice player but you don't want him playing B10 minutes

His position doesn't matter. The team simply played better when he was on the court. I thought he earned more minutes than he got last year with his hustle, selflessness and production and I was sorry to see him leave.

His position doesn't matter. The team simply played better when he was on the court. I thought he earned more minutes than he got last year with his hustle, selflessness and production and I was sorry to see him leave.

No they didn't. He had a f ew nice moments but he only played in the first place because Carter got hurt. He hustled and tried hard but he simply is not a B10 player. If he was 6'8" he would be, but he's not

You should lose your commenting privileges just for that last statement. And Busch was awful once the BT started. He was kind of similar to Nolen. Looked good in the beginning, great against Louisville, and then not so good once conference games started. I guess we should've kept the scholarship for Busch and not taken a chance on a hometown 5* recruit that recruited himself to the U. Busch still wouldn't have really cracked the rotation this year. He and Royce didn't even play the same position.

Busch is not done for the season, he had ACL surgery and has started 2 practice with his team. He is expected 2 get Doctors approval 2 play by Dec. 1st, work ethic. He is pulling a 3.5 in his Masters program.

You should lose your commenting privileges just for that last statement. And Busch was awful once the BT started.

You must have forgotten about last years Iowa game. We wouldn't have won without Travis.

Busch

Even if White, Mbakwe, and Bostick never played a minute this season (and that seems unlikely with respect to Bostick) we have a deep roster with plenty of players. The issues so far mean more minutes for Rodney Williams, which is a long-term positive.

I would much prefer to see an extra 5-15 minutes go to somebody like Williams or Carter or Iverson or Sampson.

Yes the Gophers did beat CSU by 2 points, what happened 2 the kid with the gun? gone. Is one school better than the other, who cares. It has been in the paper quite often about the thugs, not talking about the whole team. When someone fails 3 drug test maybe they should go play some where else. Where are the standards.

Interested in citing your source, or how you were privy to that info?

You must have forgotten about last years Iowa game. We wouldn't have won without Travis.

Exactly - and without that win, would we have made it into the tourney?

Jags - Obviously Busch wouldn't have been any kind of long term fix, he only had one year left. Would of loved for him to finish up that last year here, and I know he had to make that choice for himself, and a scholarship. But there's no doubt he added a lot to the team, intangibles being the key.

Good call, I did forget that game. Either way though he really would've had a hard time cracking the rotation this year even if he never got injured.

Exactly - and without that win, would we have made it into the tourney?

Jags - Obviously Busch wouldn't have been any kind of long term fix, he only had one year left. Would of loved for him to finish up that last year here, and I know he had to make that choice for himself, and a scholarship. But there's no doubt he added a lot to the team, intangibles being the key.

No, he didn't add a lot. He played hard. Cool. Once Carter got his legs under him he played just as hard and was actually able to compete athletically out there. Busch made a few nice plays and sure he contributed at times but he was not a B10 player. Same thing for JAS and Williams. None of those guys will be missed on the court. I'm sure they were all great teammates and hard workers but the hard truth is that not having to play guys with that level of talent is a positive for this program.

Just when thought I had seen the Most Moronic Comment By A GopherHoler, you prove me wrong...

Top Bottom