Transfer Jefferies Commits

I hope we take a second DT transfer like Chris Smith. Jeffries is fine for a depth piece, but as a starter, I'd like someone a little better if we want to be the favorites to win the West.

You’ve stated in the posts before that you’re a physician. Correct?

then how can you not understand how a player with a very serious untreated medical condition, like diabetes would fall down the depth chart at a school that stockpiles 4/5DL?
I am not nor have I ever stated I'm a physician. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

However...his diabetes was diagnosed as a RS Freshman. And he's been treated since. An article I posted, written in Feb 2020, said he had been receiving treatment for some time and had restored the weight he had lost and was fully engaged in all weight training and team activities.

So the diabetes angle is in the distant past... and we better hope it's in the past, no? If it's still a problem, wouldn't that follow to MN?

He wasn't able to get on the field. Maybe he'll be a stud. Any such speculation here is without much if any merit, other than some thick maroon colored glasses.

What don't you like? We have 2 DTs with any experience, and Richter doesn't have much. I don't see how attempting to bring in a DT transfer can be viewed as a negative, even if he isn't as good of a player as you were hoping for.
This guy has no on field experience either.

My post clearly said it was untreated. The only coherent reason that it would be untreated is that it wasn’t diagnosed 🧐.

Savvy?
It was diagnosed some time in 2019. The only coherent reasoning is it has been treated since.

Savvy?

I am not nor have I ever stated I'm a physician.
Really, okay. I thought for sure you said you were a doc in the Air Force, so apparently you are not whether you remember a public declaration or not,
I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
Good for u and your marital bliss
However...his diabetes was diagnosed as a RS Freshman. And he's been treated since. An article I posted, written in Feb 2020, said he had been receiving treatment for some time and had restored the weight he had lost and was fully engaged in all weight training and team activities.
I missed that it was diagnosed then and the treatment began when it did - my error.
I don’t know if you’ve ever had a serious medical issue, but I speak from my experience with two, a stroke and pulmonary fibrosis caused by COVID pneumonia. Even though I walked out of the hospital of my own volition after five days and had zero damage to my brain and the related functions, my body didn’t feel right. Still learning about the fibrosis and how it has impacted my lungs and will do so in the future.
So the diabetes angle is in the distant past
I disagree, per my above point above, and I guess you aren’t a physician after all.
... and we better hope it's in the past, no? If it's still a problem, wouldn't that follow to MN?
I would hope and think that the medical staff is on too of it and that’s ready to go, as he’s receiving proper care/treatment.
He wasn't able to get on the field.
You mean Clark and many other transfers that have left us and overall competitiveness is significantly less than Clemson and their throughbreeds.

Maybe he'll be a stud. Any such speculation here is without much if any merit, other than some thick maroon colored glasses.
I’m Half full and you’re half empty - you do u and I’ll do me.

Last edited:

It was diagnosed some time in 2019. The only coherent reasoning is it has been treated since.
Your other post stated 2020, so u were wrong too bro.
LMAO.
Not someone who thinks 2020 is “the distant past.” Not a history teacher either , I guess? I’m
I’m just happy we got bigdude who wants to ball for us, was offered by many/all(?) the SEC elite and sometimes to prove. No, I and others may just be simpletons compared to your vast intellect and football knowledge - or maybe we’re smart enough to trust the coaches, as they’ve had good success with D and DL portal players.
If that means I’m wearing Maroon colored shades then just call me Goldy kiddo.

Your other post stated 2020, so u were wrong too bro.
I said the article was published in Feb 2020, by which time he had been diagnosed, under treatment, regained weight, and fully participating in team activities.

Diagnosed in 2019.

And I have never stated I was a physician. I was enlisted.

For the 2nd time:

None of us know how good Jefferies can be. There’s a million examples of guys that didn’t play much for years then broke through. We do know he was good enough in high school to be offered by the best programs in the country. We do know we have unproven commodities at DT. We know the staff has a lot more resources to evaluate whether or not Jefferies can help this team or not.

None of us know how good Jefferies can be. There’s a million examples of guys that didn’t play much for years then broke through. We do know he was good enough in high school to be offered by the best programs in the country. We do know we have unproven commodities at DT. We know the staff has a lot more resources to evaluate whether or not Jefferies can help this team or not.
I've been told how highly rated and who offered a kid in HS no longer matter once they set foot on campus.

Seems to be only for transfers OUT though.

I've been told how highly rated and who offered a kid in HS no longer matter once they set foot on campus.

Seems to be only for transfers OUT though.
Fine, be pessimistic about it. It’s completely reasonable to add a DT. If he ends up being good enough to be in the rotation then it was a nice addition. If he’s not well he won’t eat the scholarship for long. We just had a great defense with zero super stars on it, Jefferies doesn’t have to be a super star to be worth the scholarship.

I don’t see how someone could watch this knowing he is bigger and stronger and not think he is a worthwhile addition.
I mean, HS film should not be a consideration when one is four years removed from it. What they did in HS means nothing now.

I mean, HS film should not be a consideration when one is four years removed from it. What they did in HS means nothing now.
Yeah, HS highlight films should barely be considered when looking at incoming freshman. Not all that hard to make any decent player look amazing in a highlight video. Film from 4 years ago just helps show why he was so sought after out of high school.

I assume he is better now. I don’t care what he did in high school, but he LOOKED impressive as far as size and mobility, and I think that matters.

Another point, Clemson had a first team all conference DT this past year and another DT that was formerly the number one high school prospect in the country who made third team all acc.

Yeah, HS highlight films should barely be considered when looking at incoming freshman. Not all that hard to make any decent player look amazing in a highlight video. Film from 4 years ago just helps show why he was so sought after out of high school.
Agree, this just shows where he was at prior to dealing with his medical condition and then falling on the depth chart.

Two Words

Deven Eastern
He’s only going to be a second year player. Same with Shuster and Booker.

We can get away with having 3 second year players on the two deep DL if we are content to win 8 or so games, have a pretty good D and finish 2nd or third in the west but if we want to be the clear favorites to win the west and win the LOS vs Iowa and Wisconsin then I’d rather take another transfer DT like Chris Smith and roll with Carter, Smith, Jeffries and Richter and give Schuster and Eastern another year of development before depending on them being major contributors.

Never buy an entry level memory foam mattress, they get way too warm.

unless you want to drop $3k on the cooling tech ones, stick with a traditional mattress…even splurge on the extra plush

I agree, Eastern with college game experience will help us.
Two words. Boys Mafe.

We will have time for developmental guys to bulk up and get grounded in fundamentals.

Roster augmentation with transfers has worked out well for the Gophers and for many of the transfer players and developmental guys.

We have one of the most well coached football teams in years. There is no quit in them.

I would be cool with an annual tradition where we add a transfer from Clemson and Abilene Christian. Heck toss Notre Dame in there as well as we have now pulled a couple from them also just not every year. :)
We are doing well in the transfer balance sheet.
When players see multiple Gopher players get drafted year after year, players hoping to transfer pay attention and would consider the Gophers a desirable landing spot.

I am hopiing Gibbens will get drafted. That will be a huge PR for the program.

Top Bottom