Transfer DL Quindario Lee from Central Michigan

keep 'em coming. I'd like to see a LB and a WR join the party.

on Lee: 6'5" 280 - was a RS Soph at Central Mich

3* recruit out of HS - was 1st-tm All-State in Basketball!

after HS went to a Community College for one year.
RS at Central Mich in '21 while playing in 2 games.
2022, had 15 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 2 sacks.

keep 'em coming. I'd like to see a LB and a WR join the party.

on Lee: 6'5" 280 - was a RS Soph at Central Mich

3* recruit out of HS - was 1st-tm All-State in Basketball!

after HS went to a Community College for one year.
RS at Central Mich in '21 while playing in 2 games.
2022, had 15 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 2 sacks.
I want another RB also.

We have 3RB's with significant experience, I doubt they go for a 4th...
Experience sure, but I’m hoping for more talent. Ideally a P5 stud, or a former highly rated young player buried behind stars, or someone dominating at a lower level.

Experience sure, but I’m hoping for more talent. Ideally a P5 stud, or a former highly rated young player buried behind stars, or someone dominating at a lower level.
I mean we've got an all-big ten type guy in Taylor, all-MAC guy in Bangura and a guy who put up good numbers in the Big Ten when given the opportunity in Nubin. I think this room is more talented than last years. Plus a lot of the recruiting guys are high on Wright coming in and being able to be a bruiser right away around the goalline.

I mean we've got an all-big ten type guy in Taylor, all-MAC guy in Bangura and a guy who put up good numbers in the Big Ten when given the opportunity in Nubin. I think this room is more talented than last years. Plus a lot of the recruiting guys are high on Wright coming in and being able to be a bruiser right away around the goalline.
I guess I’m not sold on Bangura, he has a similar resume as Tyler had. I was pretty excited about Tyler and we saw how that worked out. I do think Bangura is a better fit for what we do, but his sub 5 ypc average is underwhelming to me. Nubin will run for tough yards but he won’t break away. You’re probably right that we won’t add anyone else, but I wish we would add someone with potential to scare an opponent.

I guess I’m not sold on Bangura, he has a similar resume as Tyler had. I was pretty excited about Tyler and we saw how that worked out. I do think Bangura is a better fit for what we do, but his sub 5 ypc average is underwhelming to me. Nubin will run for tough yards but he won’t break away. You’re probably right that we won’t add anyone else, but I wish we would add someone with potential to scare an opponent.
Ohio was even more control the clock and hammer the runs up the middle than Minnesota.

Here's a crop of the PFF detail on Bangura. Some key points:
4.6 YPA (4.9 in 2022)
2.73 YCO/A (yards after contact per carry)
Longest: 26 yards (had several much longer runs in 2022)
10+yard carries: 21 (26 in 2022)
Fumbles: only 2 in 178 carries (and 2 in 222 carries sophomore year).

Overall, the kid looks really solid. Not as as explosive as Taylor (most aren't) but he should be a great addition.

1703257653486.png

1703257859021.png

Here's a crop of the PFF detail on Bangura. Some key points:
4.6 YPA (4.9 in 2022)
2.73 YCO/A (yards after contact per carry)
Longest: 26 yards (had several much longer runs in 2022)
10+yard carries: 21 (26 in 2022)
Fumbles: only 2 in 178 carries (and 2 in 222 carries sophomore year).

Overall, the kid looks really solid. Not as as explosive as Taylor (most aren't) but he should be a great addition.

View attachment 29116

View attachment 29117
Those numbers just don’t impress me for a MAC rb. I would think we could get proven stars not just guys that were reliable at lower levels. RBs should be pounding in the door with our offense.

Those numbers just don’t impress me for a MAC rb. I would think we could get proven stars not just guys that were reliable at lower levels. RBs should be pounding in the door with our offense.

You won't get a transfer star willing to sit behind another star in Darius Taylor and a proven all-around tough player like Nubin.

You won't get a transfer star willing to sit behind another star in Darius Taylor and a proven all-around tough player like Nubin.
Taylor, maybe. But Nubin? There's no power 5 team in America where a transfer won't be competing with similar or better running backs.

These transfers are ridiculous. At what point do we know they can’t flip?

The College Football industrial complex has spent decades duping us into thinking recruiting and, now, the transfer portal are worth following. They make a lot of money by keeping our attention, writing articles, ranking teams.

The more that "signed" players leave, the less people are going to pay attention and the less money they'll make. Therefore, I'd expect some rules to follow shortly.

Or you can just care about the players who run out on the field on Saturdays and leave the personnel drama to the coaching staff.

Last edited:

In fact, we couldn't even get a freshman roster player (Marquese Williams) to do that.

Just 20 years ago it was much more limited to junior high people who couldn't make a decision..constantly changing their minds. Now, it is college age people who change their minds on decisions almost daily.
I don't think there is a quick fix to their thinking until there are rules in place that don't allow it.
Way too many people jumping teams on a weekly basis.
Hard to be fan.
Impossible to be coach.
Lousy life lesson to allow the daily/weekly flips. Annual flips fine but it can't continue with these guys committing to one school on one day and to another the next day or week or whatever short term time frame they have a better idea.

Top Bottom