Transfer DL Quindario Lee from Central Michigan

The transfer portal is like a giant swinger's party. Committment really doesn't mean a whole lot when there is unfettered wall to wall screwing going on. :)
Interesting that the Athletic had an anonamous survey of the players at a HS all star game this week and they asked a number of questions about recruiting. Answers were all over the board on NIL. Some are getting over $300,000 and some are getting $50,000. They asked them about some of the coaches personalities and had a question about recruiting.

Multiple plays said that they would support players not being allowed to take official visits if they are committed to another school. I found that interesting.

Interesting that the Athletic had an anonamous survey of the players at a HS all star game this week and they asked a number of questions about recruiting. Answers were all over the board on NIL. Some are getting over $300,000 and some are getting $50,000. They asked them about some of the coaches personalities and had a question about recruiting.

Multiple plays said that they would support players not being allowed to take official visits if they are committed to another school. I found that interesting.
And some are exaggerating $ to impress their new friends. :)

It seems reasonable. If you make a committment and sign, that is it for at least 1 year. Maybe there is a 3 day window for buyer's remorse like a car purchase, but after that, that is what you are driving, even if you see a newer model in a better color the following week.

Looking forward to the defensive front's improvement from now thru spring ball and start of the season. I believe DEs are ahead of the DTs.

unless someone comes out and makes it public, there is no way to know what these players are being offered, and what they are actually receiving in terms of NIL.

in my book, there is usually a reason why people change their mind about something. in this case, a player says "I want to play for MN." then a couple of weeks later, "I don't want to play for MN."

what happened to change their mind? decided they don't like the school, or the coaches?....decided they don't like their odds of getting playing time? or rich Uncle Pennybags showed up with a bag of $$ from Directional State?

unless someone comes out and makes it public, there is no way to know what these players are being offered, and what they are actually receiving in terms of NIL.

in my book, there is usually a reason why people change their mind about something. in this case, a player says "I want to play for MN." then a couple of weeks later, "I don't want to play for MN."

what happened to change their mind? decided they don't like the school, or the coaches?....decided they don't like their odds of getting playing time? or rich Uncle Pennybags showed up with a bag of $$ from Directional State?
Someone puts something shiny in front of them and they move in that direction. Then someone else comes along and puts something shiny in front of them and they move in that direction. And so on, and so on...

We need another DT! Did we cool on him? His departure opens a scholarship for another who wants to be here.

Last edited:

We have to also remember, maybe kids can't simply get into the school so they have to reopen their commitment. Not saying this is the case but I'm guessing when the transcripts come in and they see a kid either wasn't going to class or didn't take courses that can transfer over so he doesn't have the credits, they can't get in. And a kid is never going to admit that to the whole world. I know it's football and we all roll our eyes at the academic part of it but it's still a thing with admissions and all that. Just a thought though.

We have to also remember, maybe kids can't simply get into the school so they have to reopen their commitment. Not saying this is the case but I'm guessing when the transcripts come in and they see a kid either wasn't going to class or didn't take courses that can transfer over so he doesn't have the credits, they can't get in. And a kid is never going to admit that to the whole world. I know it's football and we all roll our eyes at the academic part of it but it's still a thing with admissions and all that. Just a thought though.
Especially this time of year, it's really difficult to vet their credits and current grades in that short span. I think a lot of the portal transfers who decommit this time of year are due to academic qualification issues.

It seems reasonable. If you make a committment and sign, that is it for at least 1 year. Maybe there is a 3 day window for buyer's remorse like a car purchase, but after that, that is what you are driving, even if you see a newer model in a better color the following week.
Big difference between committing and signing. One of those is meaningless. And transfers don’t sign. They are with you when they enroll in school.

I’m confused. Isn’t the portal closed? Or just saying he ain’t coming now

Burns said he is hearing academics. Also expects us to have another DL option on campus maybe this weekend

I’m confused. Isn’t the portal closed? Or just saying he ain’t coming now
The current window to get into the portal is closed, but once you are in the portal, there isn't a deadline to find a new home. Individual schools, of course, have deadlines for when you need to enroll to be a student for spring which is the goal for most transfers.

The current window to get into the portal is closed, but once you are in the portal, there isn't a deadline to find a new home. Individual schools, of course, have deadlines for when you need to enroll to be a student for spring which is the goal for most transfers.
Grad transfers can go into the portal at any time and players have 5 days from thier last game to enter, so anyone who played on Monday has until tomorrow (probably Monday) to enter and MI/WA players have until the 13th.

Grad transfers can go into the portal at any time and players have 5 days from thier last game to enter, so anyone who played on Monday has until tomorrow (probably Monday) to enter and MI/WA players have until the 13th.
Yes, there are exceptions to the general rule, but I don't think that any of those apply to Lee, nor are they responsive to the confusion expressed by the poster to whom I responded.

Top Bottom