Trabis Ward visit...

By M Bakas. Ward will visit Minnesota this weekend, and loves the fact that they are a running school. He says that if he doesn't verbal to the Gophers he may wait until after signing day so he can check out South Carolina, Oklahoma State and Toledo.

The way that sounds, coupled with the excitement Brew and Crew will generate during the visit leads me to believe this kid will be a Gopher. Hopefully his academics are in order.

I haven't seen him play, but his measurables remind me of Moe Williams, the ex-Kentucky star and former Viking -- short, tough runner with a 4.60 time in the 40. This would be a nice add to the class.

This is from the MaxPreps site. A brief overview of Ft. Lauderdale Dillard, before the season began:

Dillard is coming off an 8-4 season that ended with a loss in the second round of the state 5A playoffs to eventual champion St. Thomas Aquinas. Although they graduated two all-state players, the Panthers have a potential all-American RB returning in Trabis Ward. After going through six Head Coaches in six seasons Keith Franklin led them to six straight wins to close out the season and their first playoff win since 2002.

Dillard went 9-3, and lost in the 2nd round of the 5A playoffs to eventual State (and mythical National) Champion St. Thomas Aquinas.

Liking the sound of this kid...

At the Miami camp Ward was recorded at a legit 4.45 40 yard time, so I'm not so sure he is quite as slow as people think.

At the Miami camp Ward was recorded at a legit 4.45 40 yard time, so I'm not so sure he is quite as slow as people think.

He definitely doesn't look like he has 4.45 speed in the videos I have seen of him. But I think he's a good looking rb regardless.

He didn't visit, grades are an issue. Might be a late qualifier in the spring.

where did you hear that? what did he have to say about minnesota? is he going to come here if he gets things in order?

Top Bottom