Trabis Ward visit...

Gopho Sapiens

Reaction score
This weekend.

Rival 4*, Scout 3*.
5' 9/10", 185/195, 4.57

Per the Scout Gamecock tease.....Trabis Ward was one of the most productive running backs in south Florida over the last couple years and the Fort Lauderdale (Dillard) standout is ready to take his first official visit.

Very interesting. Apparently he hasn't visited anywhere else. And NSD is next week.

Academics

I think he had some ACT issues. No idea what his current score is.

I think he would be a great pickup, a back that can wear down a defense. Grades appear to be an issue. Some of the top programs have showed interest in him though.

nice. maybe he can become our next marion barber after he goes through Hills S&C program

Rivals has an offer from Ohio State! Any kid that Tressel thinks is good, is good enough for my team. Kinda odd he hasn't visited anywhere even if grades are an issue.

By M Bakas. Ward will visit Minnesota this weekend, and loves the fact that they are a running school. He says that if he doesn't verbal to the Gophers he may wait until after signing day so he can check out South Carolina, Oklahoma State and Toledo.

Breakaway Speed

Remember Emmit Smith?

He was not known for his "breakaway speed."

Simply gaining yards.....lots and lots of yards!

Doesn't want to red shirt and from what he said he has offers from OSU, FSU, LSU. I highly doubt all those schools still have offers out on him since he has taken any visits there. Very interesting kid. Wonder if he gets admitted.

man do i hope he comes here and gets admitted. i like the fact that he comes from a big talented school. its easier to get kids out of there when they see that a good player from their school came here

Antwan Easterling

Remember this guy? This is another four-star RB we got into close to signing day right when brewster arrived. I think he had some "character" issues but wound up being a damn good freshman runner for So. Miss. if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Oops. Looks like he was booted off the team for violating team rules. Anyway, I'm sure Ward is nothing like Easterling. Sometimes there are some hot chicks left at the end of the dance. Sometimes.

Taiwan Easterling played at Florida State as a red-shirt freshman this past season. I heard he has straightened out his life and could play quite a bit in FSU's return to the top the next 3 years.

Taiwan Easterling played at Florida State as a red-shirt freshman this past season. I heard he has straightened out his life and could play quite a bit in FSU's return to the top the next 3 years.

We were never in on Taiwan Easterling.....Handsome Pete is right, we recruited Antwan Easterling. Wasn't he the guy that was accused (convicted?) of statutory rape?

Or something

We were never in on Taiwan Easterling.....Handsome Pete is right, we recruited Antwan Easterling. Wasn't he the guy that was accused (convicted?) of statutory rape?

On December 7, 2006, senior star running back of the football team Antwain Easterling was arrested and charged with lewd and lascivious battery on a minor for having sex with a fourteen year-old girl in a bathroom at Miami Northwestern High School three months earlier. He admitted to police in their Arrest Affidavit that he committed the act. The girl's mother had reported the incident to three faculty members at the school in October 2006 and one of them reportedly informed the principal Dwight Bernard. The proper authorities were not notified and it did not come to the attention of Miami-Dade school police until the mother of the fourteen year-old asked an unknowing member of the police staff how the investigation was proceeding. Also arrested in the incident and charged with the same offense were Dante Maurice Jefferson and Vincent Shannon Jefferson.

After it was revealed that several members of the schools administration, faculty, and the football teams coaching staff knew about the incident and failed to report it, Miami-Dade Schools Superintendent Rudy Crew fired a total of twenty-one people including Miami Northwestern Principal Dwight Bernard, Head Football Coach Roland Smith and his entire staff, and many other school employees. In addition, athletics director Gregory Killings resigned. The football team was also placed on probation for one-year instead of having the entire 2007 season canceled. Bernard was indicted by a grand jury in March 2007 with official misconduct for covering up the incident. The grand jury report said school officials "allowed for the glory of football to trump the needs and safety" of the victim and that "priorities were chosen and the little girl lost." It was later reported that the mother of the young girl made contact with members of the school administration more than 30 times but the incident was never reported to Miami-Dade police as required by state and federal law.

oh great, now people are going to start assuming that Trabis Ward is involved somehow with having sex with a 14 year old girl if they are scanning this post.

oh great, now people are going to start assuming that Trabis Ward is involved somehow with having sex with a 14 year old girl if they are scanning this post.

Only if they can't read.

Ward would be a nice addiition. Sid said Brewster was in South Florida this week visiting a couple of blue-chippers so maybe this is one of the guys.

TRAVISWARD1N08150.JPG

Does he have a gold grill, or is it just a funny picture?

Most definately a grill. It looked like he had both an upper and a lower.

It is a gold grill, and don't assume this kid is a bad kid just cuz he wears a grill, talks improper english, or MIGHT have some grade issues. He seems like a good kid who's HS head coach is a former NFL player (who he claims is his second father) so I'm sure he is being schooled the right way. Lets hope he comes up north and becomes a great student athlete.

Where did anybody say the grill meant anything besides what it is? This kid looks like a bruiser in his video, and I'd be glad to have him on the gophs!

It wasn't just the grill. It was the fact that out of nowhere people bring up an entirely different person that Brew was pursuing who happend to get into trouble with the law. All the gold grill means is that he is meant to be a golden gopher!

I think Trabis will be gopher the more i look at things. It sounded like SoCar was his fav but the guy who was recruiting him left for Okie St., but OSU has a couple really good young rbs allready. And we are the school he has decided to visit just days before signing day. I think we have to be the favorites right now.

Top Bottom