Top Ten reasons why the opener should sell out.

Reaction score
10. You don't have to close the cabin for a month and a half.....
9. Get a morning tee time you weenies. Plus, because of global warming you can golf until mid December....
8. The Twins couldn't beat the Saints right now and they are out of town....
7. The Purple darlings are in San Diego and are headed for another 6-10 season. Even the home opener might be blacked out....
6. Instead of taking your kids to garage sales and flea markets and dropping a 100 bucks on usless sh-t, buy the family pack, the kids a Goldie tee shirt, and be in the glorious outdoors watching the Gophers and Goldie. Think about it, doesn't that beat having your kid inhaling the fumes of a 5 gallon gas can you bought for 2.00 that he is holding in the backseat of the family truckster?...
5. For you people that don't believe in GPS and want the supreme challange of getting to TCF stadium here is a chance to beat your chest by making kickoff by 2:30 pm...
4. Oh Students, it is a sunny, 80 degree day and no 11:00 am start. After drinking yourself into a stupor on friday night God will turn the air on for you by noon Saturday. Plenty of time to kill a 6 pack of Busch Light and be in your seats by 2:30 pm...
3. The "Messiah" Jerry Kill versus the Anti-Christ Tim Brewster...
2. New Mexico State. If all you care about are wins this should fill your tummy tank....
1. Plain and simple. It is college football and you're supporting "The Pride of Minnesota" Enough said.....GO GOPHERS!!:drink:

11. You are Minnesotan and as Kill says it's your team. Pretend it is your 401K and invest in these guys; you will get a better return on your investment.

Love it!

Top Ten Reasons Tailgating @ the Bank tommorow will be awesome!

10)80 degrees and sunny
9)Hand ground burgers and beer marinated brats will be hot
8)Mich Golden, homemade bloody mary mix, and vodka will be cold
7)Tunes blaring will get the ladies dancing
6)new Gopher camping chairs will feel good after standing and screaming the gophers to a victory
5)Marching band brigades will get folks going, shots will keep folks going
4)Picturing Gray breaking free for a 70 yard romp will be nice, watching it live in a few hours will be better
3)Food, Freinds, and football
2)Smoothly unpacking my car to form a perfect tailgate operation is as nice as watching a perfect play action fake Shortell to McKnight 60 yard bomb
1)It's tailgating at the Bank and then watching the Kill era kick off live
OF COURSE IT WILL BE AWESOME!

ps hoping for a Kill, Kill, Kill chant around the stadium as the final seconds tick off in the 4th on their way to a Gopher win. KILL, KILL, KILL. Awesome.

Let me know where you'll be tailgating tomorrow, I'd love to get an early start too!

Love it!

Top Ten Reasons Tailgating @ the Bank tommorow will be awesome!

10)80 degrees and sunny
9)Hand ground burgers and beer marinated brats will be hot
8)Mich Golden, homemade bloody mary mix, and vodka will be cold
7)Tunes blaring will get the ladies dancing
6)new Gopher camping chairs will feel good after standing and screaming the gophers to a victory
5)Marching band brigades will get folks going, shots will keep folks going
4)Picturing Gray breaking free for a 70 yard romp will be nice, watching it live in a few hours will be better
3)Food, Freinds, and football
2)Smoothly unpacking my car to form a perfect tailgate operation is as nice as watching a perfect play action fake Shortell to McKnight 60 yard bomb
1)It's tailgating at the Bank and then watching the Kill era kick off live
OF COURSE IT WILL BE AWESOME!

ps hoping for a Kill, Kill, Kill chant around the stadium as the final seconds tick off in the 4th on their way to a Gopher win. KILL, KILL, KILL. Awesome.

Right on Ole!!

10. You don't have to close the cabin for a month and a half.....
9. Get a morning tee time you weenies. Plus, because of global warming you can golf until mid December....
8. The Twins couldn't beat the Saints right now and they are out of town....
7. The Purple darlings are in San Diego and are headed for another 6-10 season. Even the home opener might be blacked out....
6. Instead of taking your kids to garage sales and flea markets and dropping a 100 bucks on usless sh-t, buy the family pack, the kids a Goldie tee shirt, and be in the glorious outdoors watching the Gophers and Goldie. Think about it, doesn't that beat having your kid inhaling the fumes of a 5 gallon gas can you bought for 2.00 that he is holding in the backseat of the family truckster?...
5. For you people that don't believe in GPS and want the supreme challange of getting to TCF stadium here is a chance to beat your chest by making kickoff by 2:30 pm...
4. Oh Students, it is a sunny, 80 degree day and no 11:00 am start. After drinking yourself into a stupor on friday night God will turn the air on for you by noon Saturday. Plenty of time to kill a 6 pack of Busch Light and be in your seats by 2:30 pm...
3. The "Messiah" Jerry Kill versus the Anti-Christ Tim Brewster...
2. New Mexico State. If all you care about are wins this should fill your tummy tank....
1. Plain and simple. It is college football and you're supporting "The Pride of Minnesota" Enough said.....GO GOPHERS!!:drink:

The most interesting part of this post is that you don't know how to spell our mascot's name.

12.) Ten years from now you can be just like the million or so Gopher fans who cab brag about being in the stands for Jerry Kill's debut. Unlike most of those fans, you'll have a ticket stub to prove it.

The most interesting part of this post is that you don't know how to spell our mascot's name.

I went with the Goldie Hawn version. Now go slap your kid for using the wrong fork at the dinner table and go back to your job of looking for mistakes in the newest version of the King James Bible you pompous ass.

Let's call a spade a spade. Goldy is G O L D Y and has always been. I don't think Ski U Master was trying to be an A$$ but instead making sure that all fans know the proper spelling of our beloved mascot. I know Goldy takes it personally when he sees his name spelled wrong.

I went with the Goldie Hawn version. Now go slap your kid for using the wrong fork at the dinner table and go back to your job of looking for mistakes in the newest version of the King James Bible you pompous ass.
I was only trying to help you out. I also do not have children yet, and don't own a King James version of the Bible.

13). We can’t ice fish in southern Minnesota yet
14). Cheese curds migrated from the State Fair to TCF
15). All roads lead to tailgating lots on Saturday, even though there was a concerted effort to misdirect all traffic at the U.

Funny.

I love the crisp sound of opening a beer at 8:50am after you set-up all your tailgating gear, and ready to challenge your 1st opponent in bag toss.

It going to be a perfect day. (I will miss the lake too)

I love the crisp sound of opening a beer at 8:50am after you set-up all your tailgating gear, and ready to challenge your 1st opponent in bag toss.

8:50? You'll be late... Should still be drunk from the night before! (Can't wait 'till homecoming!)

It may seem like an opinion, but it's hard to argue that the Gophers would beat the Vikings in an actual football game.
nm, I'm slow sometimes.

I like to set up with a beer in hand, makes things go a little more smoothly

It's funny how you say the Vikings are headed to another 6-10 season.... And where are the gophers headed?

Vikings > Gophers, just statin' facts.

Not to fans like Gopher Faith, Hiwayman or myself. The Gophers are #1. There are many more out there like us, just not enough YET. Coach Kill will be bringing them back.

The Gophers aren't likely to move out of Minnesota. I have a hard time supporting the Vikings anymore, knowing that they may not be here in a few years.

Not to fans like Gopher Faith, Hiwayman or myself. The Gophers are #1. There are many more out there like us, just not enough YET. Coach Kill will be bringing them back.

Add me to that group. There are many, many Gopher fans who could not care less about the vikings or the NFL in general, or for whom their NFL allegiances are secondary to Gopher football. Whether the Gophers would win a game against the Vikings is not the point.

It's been stated many times that in modern professional sports, all you're cheering for is a jersey. The players turn over so fast, you hardly get to know them. The players don't even care about the rivalries anymore.

I would 1,000 times over rather go to a Gophers game at the Bank than a Vikings game at the dome. It's not even close.

Top Bottom