Top 5 rivalries between college football head coaches (#4. PJ Fleck and Jerry Kill)

Fleck v. Ferentz is a rivalry on and off the field. Fleck v. Kill is personal with some perceived professional overlap ie the tin ear rebuilding comments early on.
Both are similar in that I don’t think fleck really cares about either in a personal level. Fleck cares about ferentz on the field and actually wants to emulate his success.

Whereas kill wishes there was some sort of rivalry.

I'm excited for this game to be over. I like debates and arguing about football but this matchup feels like it's just going to drum up a bunch of old tired arguments on here (cupboard bare or not? 9 wins impressive? did Claeys get a raw deal?).

As a Gopher fan, I just don't care anymore. There was a time when the debate on whether or not Mason got a raw deal was fun but then ole Glen acted like an adult and we like him again (don't we guys?). For better or worse, Mason is one of us and I don't care anymore about the debate on whether or not he had to go. I'm really hoping we can get there with Kill but he's making it difficult.
Kill is an egomaniac and he was when he was here too. I don’t have any personal experience with fleck like I did with kill but I would imagine he is an egomaniac too. The difference is Kill is bitter he isn’t here whereas if fleck leaves he will probably be happy he was here and it allowed him to advance.

I never want to move on from kill. Kill makes me feel good about myself. Any bitterness I feel for any former employers will always pale in comparison to Jerry kill. So he in a way makes me feel like a better person.

The aspect that makes me chuckle about it all is Kill taking time on game day to speak to an alum group for the opposing team. Sure, it’s a night game, but what are doing spending any time with boosters for the opposition? What a message to send to your team 🤣
He never wants to step foot in the state again unless he has an opportunity for some attention

The aspect that makes me chuckle about it all is Kill taking time on game day to speak to an alum group for the opposing team. Sure, it’s a night game, but what are doing spending any time with boosters for the opposition? What a message to send to your team 🤣
Are the Dunkers all UMN alum? It appears that they are just business and community leaders in a sports centric group!

Top Bottom