Top 5 rivalries between college football head coaches (#4. PJ Fleck and Jerry Kill)

I didn’t hear Burns say this but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true. I wouldn’t be shocked if Kill has the team stay at a hotel in Hudson and buses over an hour before the game in full uniform.
If I'm Jerry ... yeah I want out of that game.

If I'm New Mexico State's AD or University President I'm all:

Jerry where the fuck are you getting the money to turn down this game?!?!?!? Go play the game man...

Agree on all accounts. Feels like Ferentz hates him and his son definitely does
I REALLY appreciate that PJ has taken the high road in all these situations mentioned in this thread.

Lead by example. And you're not leadding by example when you meet another good guy, it's when you run into some assholes that it shows.

I get the sense that Jeff Brohm and PJ aren't BFFs. I also feel like Ferentz doesn't like him either.

Fleck v. Ferentz is a rivalry on and off the field. Fleck v. Kill is personal with some perceived professional overlap ie the tin ear rebuilding comments early on.

I believe the Dunkers have the right to free association just like the rest of us have.
Kill must be liked by the Dunkers dating from Kill's time at MN.
The whole world of MN does not revolve around whom PJ likes and dislikes.

I believe the Dunkers have the right to free association just like the rest of us have.
The stupidity of it has nothing to do with PJ liking or disliking anyone. As far as I know PJ hasn't commented publicly about his feelings towards Jerry, because unlike Jerry, he is smart and mature enough to avoid doing that.

They could also invite Trump, or Biden, or Bill Cosby, or Ellen DeGeneres, or Putin, or Amber Heard, or Derek Chauvin.

Some people would also express their displeasure with those invitations.

Don't overcomplicate it.

Of course the Dunkers have the right to invite anyone they want. Nobody ever said otherwise. It's just stupid.

I'm seeing a lot of anger over this because of the Fleck-Kill "rivalry." And the Dunkers are pretty tone deaf to that. But I wonder this: If the Dunkers asked any other opposing coach to come in and talk on gameday when they're playing the Gophers, would people be as angry? I would.

For me, it's more about that. If Kill spoke to the group in March, I don't think I'd care.

Kill has 6 appearances with the the Dunkers. This will be 7. Fleck has 6 appearances as well. Just another way the ole ball coach is gonna try to get one over on PJ

The stupidity of it has nothing to do with PJ liking or disliking anyone. As far as I know PJ hasn't commented publicly about his feelings towards Jerry, because unlike Jerry, he is smart and mature enough to avoid doing that.
Amen, PJ has played this whole thing professionally.

The drama is stuff that other people have come up with … mostly people not involved at all.

The honorable thing to do is to bury the hatchet at mid-field at Huntington Stadium.

Let bygones be bygone.

The aspect that makes me chuckle about it all is Kill taking time on game day to speak to an alum group for the opposing team. Sure, it’s a night game, but what are doing spending any time with boosters for the opposition? What a message to send to your team 🤣

The aspect that makes me chuckle about it all is Kill taking time on game day to speak to an alum group for the opposing team. Sure, it’s a night game, but what are doing spending any time with boosters for the opposition? What a message to send to your team 🤣
He’s definitely doing it out of spite.

I'm excited for this game to be over. I like debates and arguing about football but this matchup feels like it's just going to drum up a bunch of old tired arguments on here (cupboard bare or not? 9 wins impressive? did Claeys get a raw deal?).

As a Gopher fan, I just don't care anymore. There was a time when the debate on whether or not Mason got a raw deal was fun but then ole Glen acted like an adult and we like him again (don't we guys?). For better or worse, Mason is one of us and I don't care anymore about the debate on whether or not he had to go. I'm really hoping we can get there with Kill but he's making it difficult.

The honorable thing to do is to bury the hatchet at mid-field at Huntington Stadium.

Let bygones be bygone.
That doesn't sell newspapers or get people to click on articles.

This "drama" could be completely manufactured, in order to drive more interest in the game.

You know, I suspect both Coach Kill and Coach Fleck deep down would prefer the game to just be "over with". I hope it is jsut a good warm up game for the Gophers.

Top Bottom