Tom Crean on the hot seat?

That's right, 4 and 5 star recruits guarantee winning. I suppose John Calipari is now a bad coach too?

Calipari is a cheater, but what he's done at UMass, Memphis, and Kentucky dwarfs what Crean has done at IU.

holy hell you're right. not a chance this scenario plays out. crean is probably hoping he gets fired with that buyout.

We should hope that they replace Crean with Woodson; Woodson is a horrible coach

holy hell you're right. not a chance this scenario plays out. crean is probably hoping he gets fired with that buyout.

All it takes is 1 booster to write a check and I'm sure there are plenty of passionate IU boosters.

All it takes is 1 booster to write a check and I'm sure there are plenty of passionate IU boosters.

The booster's money would be better spent as a down payment on a new arena, where chunks of ceiling don't fall onto the seats.

Any coach in the world could recruit at Indiana, especially if he oversigned every year. Crean looks pretty good when he has two NBA lottery picks and 2 4* seniors, but with just one NBA lottery pick and a 5* PG and a thousand point scoring senior and 2 other 4* sophomores and 2 other 4* freshmen and his team looks pretty bad.

But look at "the facts" ... IU pre-Crean had ONE Sweet 16 and ONE B1G title in the 14 seasons pre-Crean. Two Sweet 16's and one title in six years with Crean. It would be a HUGE mistake for IU to put Crean on the hot seat now, they aren't going to do much better than what Crean can do with them when he has one of his better teams.

Ridiculous rumor. IU fans need to start to realize this type of clamoring only undermines the coach and hurts your program. Crean definitely deserves a mulligan for this season since he had an extraordinarily difficult job to do once Zeller and Oladipo both turned pro. Pretty much nobody succeeds with as little returning talent as he had coming into this season.

You have seasons like theirs this season when you have a mass exodus, and nowadays the price of a great season can be a rough year when guys turn pro. I predicted from the outset that IU was an NIT team this season, they clearly were rebuilding. Their fans are deluded into thinking they should be in the tourney every year and dominating the B1G every year, well too bad you can't keep everybody in school for 4 years anymore or else they would be making the tourney this year under Crean.

I find it unbelievable that there is a faction of IU fans that want Crean gone after he helped them to the Sweet 16 in 2012 and 2013 and the outright B1G title in 2013. I believe they only had one Sweet 16 between 1994 and 2008 when Crean took over (14 years). Crean had them in 2 in six years and two of those 6 were extreme rebuilding years.
I remember your posting stating this at the beginning of the year, and predicting a tough year for IU and it really made sense to me at the time. I thought of it at various times as they struggled throughout the season. I'm not a Crean fan but I'd be absolutely stunned if he was dumped this year.

Top Bottom