Tom Crean on the hot seat?

I think it would be a terrible hire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I don't care what happens to Tom Crean as long as Indiana loses.

So weird....I mean, I'm not really a Crean fan but this seems completely irrational.

I think this is ridiculous.
Tom Crean has been very good.

Aside from a healthy Appling/Payne, was there a more talented 1-2 punch in the conference than Yogi/Vonleh? Maybe Dekker/Kaminsky. No reason Indiana should have been so terrible this year.

Aside from a healthy Appling/Payne, was there a more talented 1-2 punch in the conference than Yogi/Vonleh? Maybe Dekker/Kaminsky. No reason Indiana should have been so terrible this year.

One of those rare moments, I do agree with you :)

You mean that small front court of the Badgers packed a punch?? :)

You mean that small front court of the Badgers packed a punch?? :)

Scoring punch. They are soft as butter though. Can't believe you are still on that. One of the only weaknesses Wisconsin has is their soft front court since they have a stretch PF at C and a SG/SF at PF.

Scoring punch. They are soft as butter though. Can't believe you are still on that. One of the only weaknesses Wisconsin has is their soft front court since they have a stretch PF at C and a SG/SF at PF.

I just thought it was our thing.

So their greatest strength his also their greatest weakness? I can live with that.

Crean should stay IMO, the Woodson speculation is beyond preposterous.

I just thought it was our thing.

So their greatest strength his also their greatest weakness? I can live with that.

Their greatest strength is team shooting, particularly 3pt shooting. Their biggest weakness is the lack of true front court players, which leads to problems defending good post players and penetrating guards. The only true front court players that get significant playing time are Kaminsky and Hayes. Dekker doesn't play in the post but is technically their starting 4-man. How many times have you seen them play this year, twice?

holy hell you're right. not a chance this scenario plays out. crean is probably hoping he gets fired with that buyout.

I heard Lebatard say that on PTI.

That would pay for most of Dr.Don's beer.

Count me as one who hopes Crean stays. I can't stand his antics and he makes it even easier for me to hope Indiana never wins another game.

Beyond that it seems like an unlikely possibility at this point.

His record at Indiana is 101 // 97 .. That doesn't sit well in Indiana

Ridiculous rumor. IU fans need to start to realize this type of clamoring only undermines the coach and hurts your program. Crean definitely deserves a mulligan for this season since he had an extraordinarily difficult job to do once Zeller and Oladipo both turned pro. Pretty much nobody succeeds with as little returning talent as he had coming into this season.

You have seasons like theirs this season when you have a mass exodus, and nowadays the price of a great season can be a rough year when guys turn pro. I predicted from the outset that IU was an NIT team this season, they clearly were rebuilding. Their fans are deluded into thinking they should be in the tourney every year and dominating the B1G every year, well too bad you can't keep everybody in school for 4 years anymore or else they would be making the tourney this year under Crean.

I find it unbelievable that there is a faction of IU fans that want Crean gone after he helped them to the Sweet 16 in 2012 and 2013 and the outright B1G title in 2013. I believe they only had one Sweet 16 between 1994 and 2008 when Crean took over (14 years). Crean had them in 2 in six years and two of those 6 were extreme rebuilding years.

And it's not like the Big Ten was p!ss poor this year. The bottom of the conference was surprising good. Michigan much better than expected. Minnesota and Nebraska probably both performed better than expected.

Ridiculous rumor. IU fans need to start to realize this type of clamoring only undermines the coach and hurts your program. Crean definitely deserves a mulligan for this season since he had an extraordinarily difficult job to do once Zeller and Oladipo both turned pro. Pretty much nobody succeeds with as little returning talent as he had coming into this season.

You have seasons like theirs this season when you have a mass exodus, and nowadays the price of a great season can be a rough year when guys turn pro. I predicted from the outset that IU was an NIT team this season, they clearly were rebuilding. Their fans are deluded into thinking they should be in the tourney every year and dominating the B1G every year, well too bad you can't keep everybody in school for 4 years anymore or else they would be making the tourney this year under Crean.

I find it unbelievable that there is a faction of IU fans that want Crean gone after he helped them to the Sweet 16 in 2012 and 2013 and the outright B1G title in 2013. I believe they only had one Sweet 16 between 1994 and 2008 when Crean took over (14 years). Crean had them in 2 in six years and two of those 6 were extreme rebuilding years.

Any coach in the world could recruit at Indiana, especially if he oversigned every year. Crean looks pretty good when he has two NBA lottery picks and 2 4* seniors, but with just one NBA lottery pick and a 5* PG and a thousand point scoring senior and 2 other 4* sophomores and 2 other 4* freshmen and his team looks pretty bad.

Any coach in the world could recruit at Indiana, especially if he oversigned every year. Crean looks pretty good when he has two NBA lottery picks and 2 4* seniors, but with just one NBA lottery pick and a 5* PG and a thousand point scoring senior and 2 other 4* sophomores and 2 other 4* freshmen and his team looks pretty bad.

You make a good point. That's a heck of a lot of talent. Still, firing Crean after one down season seems ludicrous.

Great post. Agreed 100%. Crean is not a good coach for IU. Soon or later he'll be gone. I also wish him to stay so they suck every year.

That's right, 4 and 5 star recruits guarantee winning. I suppose John Calipari is now a bad coach too?

Top Bottom