To every self-righteous hater here who threw ALL 120 guys under the bus....one thing

...and then Kaler stood up at his presser, with Coyle neatly sitting quietly as he was told to, and took credit for it and then made up why the players did so. Almost screwed up all the effort and focus that the two BoR members put into the long open, dialog they created with the players.

I guess it bears repeating again (and again). The U is not accusing any of the players of a crime. They are being accused of violating the Student Code of Conduct which does not require proof beyond a reasonable doubt. The EOAA investigation provided a lot of new evidence that violations occurred. The alleged victim and the players will have the right to challenge the evidence in the hearings and to appeal or sue in federal court if they don't like any adverse ruling by the U. It is all part of giving the them their day in court. It is all part of a process that nobody cares about unless high profile athletes are involved.

Hard to put the horses back in the barn once they are out. If the hearings conclude that the players versions of the events in question are correct, will that get as much publicity and indignation as the EOAA report has ? Will they be able to get their reputations back ? Will the accuser be publicly drug through the mud like the players have ? Will the EOAA come out and apologize and say they were wrong ?

The players are not our best friends or family members. Until we get the results of the hearings and appeals, Gopher fans have no more reason to believe and defend the accused players then the do to accuse the alleged victim of being a liar and consenting to everything that happened to her.

I think you need to look back at the discussion we were having. He was being critical of the players' boycott. My point was from the eyes of the other players, not us as fans.

I don"t think there is even one poster in GopherHole who believes the boycott meant the entire team is okay with sexual assault.

Not sure about on Gopherhole but there are absolutely people in Minnesota and across the country that believe that. Social media is filled with comments like that.

Top Bottom