To every self-righteous hater here who threw ALL 120 guys under the bus....one thing

Fire Kaler! Fire Coyle! Disband the EOAA! #MakeGopherFootballGreatAgain :p

Instead of talking about the awesome win, we actually have fans that care enough about being being snarky than celebrating a great win.

SMH... :cool02:

Instead of talking about the awesome win, we actually have fans that care enough about being being snarky than celebrating a great win.

SMH... :cool02:

nah fam.....i'm doing both. :cool03:

Haters? The team sided with guys accused of sexual assault without reading a report.

That's pretty freaking dumb.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Haters? The team sided with guys accused of sexual assault without reading a report.

They didn't have the report yet knucklehead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even people on this message board still don't get it and we wonder why the Nation is so misinformed on this.

Even more reason to not commit to a position publicly until you know what you're dealing with.

Yes, the players are guilty of supporting their teammates in a very public way before they had all the information. I have to think that loyalty, being willing to stand up for your bros is partly what got this team the win. While we can throw rocks at what transpired in this situation, that connection w/ your teammates is one of the reasons that so many us that played team sports and love the games.

Even more reason to not commit to a position publicly until you know what you're dealing with.

Except that they weren't ever supposed to get it, they only were able to read it when it was leaked, just like the rest of us.

Except that they weren't ever supposed to get it, they only were able to read it when it was leaked, just like the rest of us.
I don't see how that changes anything. Without knowing the circumstances of what happened, supporting the accused players so openly was an invitation for problems.

Yes, the players are guilty of supporting their teammates in a very public way before they had all the information. I have to think that loyalty, being willing to stand up for your bros is partly what got this team the win. While we can throw rocks at what transpired in this situation, that connection w/ your teammates is one of the reasons that so many us that played team sports and love the games.
Yes, let's just throw up a bunch more #LOYALTY #FAMILY #UNITY posters while we support people who acted like buffoons.

I don't see how that changes anything. Without knowing the circumstances of what happened, supporting the accused players so openly was an invitation for problems.

Yes, let's just throw up a bunch more #LOYALTY #FAMILY #UNITY posters while we support people who acted like buffoons.

Ah yes, they are jerks for standing up for their teammates. They upset your pre-conceived narrative so they are buffoons. Got it.

The point is that they didn't/couldn't get any answers to their questions and felt like they were being run over by the system. You are correct that they could have simply said "let's blindly trust that the University made the right call here," but they would have had to make that decision based on little information on the specific facts of this incident and with the collective belief that the process that was followed is seriously flawed.

I am sure that many wish that different choices were made, but you can't pretend that there wasn't some reason behind what they opted to do.

Obviously you never were part of any kind of athlete team. My answer to you ----- the Gophers won, ha,ha,ha --- people like you lost, ha,ha,ha.

Ah yes, they are jerks for standing up for their teammates. They upset your pre-conceived narrative so they are buffoons. Got it.

It's one thing to stand up for teammates who have done nothing wrong, quite a different situation here.

Saying they acted like buffoons is a little strong. I guess if I was a 19 -22 year old kid and team mates were suspended earlier in the year but I wasn't sure what it was for I would live with it. Then they are reinstated and back on the team. Then they can't play at home due to a restraining order. Then that is dropped and you hear that there was an agreement and the kids can move forward. Then you hear after your last regular season game that ten players are out. Some up for expulsion and some for the next season and you aren't sure what this is all about, there is confusion. Then the AD says the coach was the one who suspended them then you hear that isn't quite true. You are told they can't discuss it (I get why they couldn't release everything due to privacy). But as a kid that is hard to understand and as a team they were trying to support their other players. Young kids make interesting choices but to call them buffoons is wrong.

The point is that they didn't/couldn't get any answers to their questions and felt like they were being run over by the system. You are correct that they could have simply said "let's blindly trust that the University made the right call here," but they would have had to make that decision based on little information on the specific facts of this incident and with the collective belief that the process that was followed is seriously flawed.

I am sure that many wish that different choices were made, but you can't pretend that there wasn't some reason behind what they opted to do.
I'm not saying they should have blindly trusted the U, I'm saying that they shouldn't stick their neck out for people without knowing what those people had done. Would have been smarter to wait instead of rushing into a boycott without knowing the facts.

I'm not saying they should have blindly trusted the U, I'm saying that they shouldn't stick their neck out for people without knowing what those people had done. Would have been smarter to wait instead of rushing into a boycott without knowing the facts.

Your guilty verdict has been in a for long time, chump. We know where your perspective is.

It's one thing to stand up for teammates who have done nothing wrong, quite a different situation here.

They have not been proven to have committed the accused crime. Period. If a new investigation reveals new evidence and an impartial jury finds guilt then we will revisit this.

But that's exactly it. They boycotted because they didn't know the facts and needed to know them in order to make a good decision. I'll add this too.... without the boycott and effects of the boycott, the team would not have pulled together and would have lost that game as expected. They boycotted to get information and it pulled them together

Why do you think they boycotted?

Why can't you understand that the boycott was designed to get more information about the situation because EK and MC were not communicating anything to the team? If instead, you choose to believe that 90 college football players banded together to support sexual assault, why are you even spending 5 seconds following this team?

#SkiUMah #Gophers #HolidayBowlChamps :cool02:

Is this the best bowl win in 40 years? 9-3, competitive in every game (actually led them all in the 2nd half), overcame a slew of injuries/suspensions/off the field BS. I'm so pumped! Why is next season so far away?!?!?

GO GOPHERS!

They have not been proven to have committed the accused crime. Period. If a new investigation reveals new evidence and an impartial jury finds guilt then we will revisit this.

I guess it bears repeating again (and again). The U is not accusing any of the players of a crime. They are being accused of violating the Student Code of Conduct which does not require proof beyond a reasonable doubt. The EOAA investigation provided a lot of new evidence that violations occurred. The alleged victim and the players will have the right to challenge the evidence in the hearings and to appeal or sue in federal court if they don't like any adverse ruling by the U. It is all part of giving the them their day in court. It is all part of a process that nobody cares about unless high profile athletes are involved.

I continue to look at this like if one of your best friends or family members were accused of a crime they say they didn't commit. Your initial instinct is to believe and defend them.

Too many people think that the boycott meant the entire team is okay with sexual assault. That's ridiculous.

I continue to look at this like if one of your best friends or family members were accused of a crime they say they didn't commit. Your initial instinct is to believe and defend them.

The players are not our best friends or family members. Until we get the results of the hearings and appeals, Gopher fans have no more reason to believe and defend the accused players then the do to accuse the alleged victim of being a liar and consenting to everything that happened to her.

Too many people think that the boycott meant the entire team is okay with sexual assault. That's ridiculous.

I don"t think there is even one poster in GopherHole who believes the boycott meant the entire team is okay with sexual assault. But plenty of us believe the players did not give proper consideration to the welfare and rights of the alleged victim when the players first called the boycott. That oversight was later corrected when they called off the boycott.

Still going with the false narrative that the report changed their minds...You really need to go back and read AP sportsguy's article.

Alas, you'll probably say you have reread it and that still doesn't change anything...

Top Bottom