Tj McWilliams Flips From Purdue to Minnesota!

Running the offense through Athan rather than Mo is going to change focus, no doubt. Giving Athan every chance to prosper. We must have a few more transfers (or medical retirements) coming, if not after the bowl game then whenever the next portal open period is. Need to shed a few scholies to stay at 85, I think.

Either PJ expects a receiver or two to move on or we’re gonna have a full receivers room next year. Sure the freshmen will redshirt but still with the added transfers it’s full. Does anyone else feel like the defense is being short changed on the recruiting/transfer side? O line? Is the staff just that comfortable with who we have there?

Either PJ expects a receiver or two to move on or we’re gonna have a full receivers room next year. Sure the freshmen will redshirt but still with the added transfers it’s full. Does anyone else feel like the defense is being short changed on the recruiting/transfer side? O line? Is the staff just that comfortable with who we have there?
2023 transfers are split 2 for offense and 2 for defense (Henderson not yet listed on 247)

As for recruiting, this class seems more offense heavy, last year was more defense oriented.

Well, which 2 guys are transferring from the WR group...I'm guessing MBS and Brockington.
Don't think there is any guarantee that it is a 2 for 2 swap or anything like that. But if we are talking about someone likely to transfer from the WR group, MBS would seem like the most obvious player to go looking for a change of scenery after the bowl game.

Well, which 2 guys are transferring from the WR group...I'm guessing MBS and Brockington.
If I had to guess at 2 leaving it would be Wright or MBS. Brockington looked promising late in the year. For the record, I am not wishing for anyone to transfer out.

Holy smokes! I guess we will be honoring Mike Leach next season with our new “Air Raid” offense!

It will open the running game. Depending on the OL Athan could have a lot of rushing yards.😵‍💫

If I had to guess at 2 leaving it would be Wright or MBS. Brockington looked promising late in the year. For the record, I am not wishing for anyone to transfer out.
Now this is me just speculating but I will be surprised if Wrights ends up leaving, on Instagram he seems to be very active hanging out with teammates and friends at the U. He also comments things like "that's my QB" on Athan's pictures even after the regular season ended, etc. Usually people who want to hit the portal slowly tone down the talk on social media before they leave. He seems to be doing the opposite lately.

All that being said it is just speculation and I have no real idea but that is just where I am at thoughts wise.

Now this is me just speculating but I will be surprised if Wrights ends up leaving, on Instagram he seems to be very active hanging out with teammates and friends at the U. He also comments things like "that's my QB" on Athan's pictures even after the regular season ended, etc. Usually people who want to hit the portal slowly tone down the talk on social media before they leave. He seems to be doing the opposite lately.

All that being said it is just speculation and I have no real idea but that is just where I am at thoughts wise.
Like I said, I'm not wishing that he leaves. Just going strictly based off performance which 2 receivers would be the most likely candidates to leave.

He almost moved TJ to safety. Maybe something like that happens here?

Yeah I don't think Wright is going anywhere either. I think MBS is the most likely to move on if anyone goes.

Current WR's for next year:

Outgoing:
Geary

Returning for now:
CAB
Jackson
Wright
Brockington
MBS???
White
Hoskins
Dino K

Incoming:
Hayes
McWilliams
Spencer
Crooms

Hayes and McWilliams will likely redshirt. That leaves a depth chart of 9 or 10 WRs, depending on CAB's health and MBS, plus 4 of those are underclassmen. That seems about right for depth. Plus there's still the potential for a transfer or 2.

Last edited:

Add on Lanier if he commits. Move Dino K to safety. MBS to portal. That would make 11 with CAB.

Yeah I don't think Wright is going anywhere either. I think MBS is the most likely to move on if anyone goes. Also, CAB has not said anything about returning so it's possible he doesn't come back.

Current WR's for next year:

Outgoing:
Geary

Returning for now:
Jackson
Wright
Brockington
MBS
White
Hoskins
Dino K

Incoming:
Hayes
McWilliams
Spencer
Crooms

???
CAB

Hayes and McWilliams will likely redshirt. That leaves a depth chart of 9 WRs, possibly 10 with CAB and 4 of those are underclassmen. That seems about right for depth. Plus there's still the potential for a transfer or 2.
CrAB announced his return in person at a charity event early November unless anything changed that i don't know about

CrAB announced his return in person at a charity event early November unless anything changed that i don't know about
Pretty sure there was also social media posts saying he is coming back and Fleck has flat out said he is coming back. If CRAB isn't on the roster next year it will be a surprise.

I think maybe the question marks have to do with if he is healthy for next year?

Top Bottom