Time to move on...

mcrow

Reaction score
OK, we've had plenty of time to panic (in my case) since last night. With that in mind I'm burying the UNLV game and my thoughts on it and moving on to the NH game. I'm not going to post any further about the downfalls of the Gophers VS UNLV, I think we all know the issues in that game for now.

I encourage anyone else to pledge the same in this thread and move on to NH. Hammering on the Gophers for this game any further isn't going to make the team better (I'm guilty, big time) so lets give them some support.

Go Gophers!

OK, we've had plenty of time to panic (in my case) since last night. With that in mind I'm burying the UNLV game and my thoughts on it and moving on to the NH game. I'm not going to post any further about the downfalls of the Gophers VS UNLV, I think we all know the issues in that game for now.

I encourage anyone else to pledge the same in this thread and move on to NH. Hammering on the Gophers for this game any further isn't going to make the team better (I'm guilty, big time) so lets give them some support.

Go Gophers!

Thats the spirit! :) (We are all guilty, myself included. I backed off the ledge as well.)

Admittedly, I left the game embarassed last night.

After sleeping on it, they actually played fairly well. The only real negatives after having time to reflect was the penalties, some Special Teams mishaps, and Gray's play for the most part.

Defense played a really good game. Holding an opponent on their home field to barely 200 yards in regulation, and that's considering the Gophers should have held the ball longer with more sustained drives. QB pressure was REALLY good all night. Say what you want about UNLV but they did return their entire starting O-Line. Pressure was really good.

O-Line played decent, considering UNLV's defense was not overly concerned about Gray throwing the ball. When they did throw, Gray mostly had the time he needed. They ran the ball effectively, considering UNLV's defense was playing the run all night.

The receiving group as a whole played a great game for the most part. Other than an early drop by DCT, they caught almost everything thrown their way, at least the balls that weren't 7 feet over their head. Another positive going forward is now they have almost 5 quarters of actual game film to review and improve.

Time for New Hampshire.

I'm fairly happy with the defense, I think that the defense improving will probably serve us better in the Big Ten than if our offense improved a little. Need to work on playing a full game against the run though but pass defense and pass rush looked good.

Go Gophers!

Thank you! This could be your best post ever. In all seriousness I understand your frustration but as you so eloquently said it is time to move onto NH.

This is why this board is so much better in the season.

The great UNLV debate of "was Gray ok or was he terrible?" can only last a week.

In the offseason, the great 40, recruiting rankings, Brewster debates continue in perpetuity.

Go Gophers!

Thank you mcrow. I followed your frustrations on other threads, and I will admit I was a little frustrated by all of your replies when some other commentor would try settle you down. It serves no useful purpose to unload the way some did, not just you, when all one needs to do is breath a sigh of relief and settle down. Did we play the best? Absolutely not. Did we win the game? Absolutely. An ugly win supersedes a pretty loss in every which way or form.

Go Gophers!!!

Yes! Game one is in the books. Now is the time for Game 2, lets get on with it.

I'm ready to move on to NH too. But what if we repeat game 1? Oh yeah, 2-0 with a very young team learning under game conditions and getting ready for the B1G. I believe this team is putting it together.

I'm ready to move on to NH too. But what if we repeat game 1? Oh yeah, 2-0 with a very young team learning under game conditions and getting ready for the B1G. I believe this team is putting it together.

Since when do you post outside the OT board?

Now that we're past game one with a W, the rest of the OOC schedule lines up well for a young team, 1. A competent FCS team that may be vulnerable to the pass. 2. A MAC team with some issues on defense, and 3. a dangerous offensive team, with problems on special teams and defense. We will have a chance to get the offense going and firm up the defense before we start the conference schedule.

Mostly in season. I love Gopher BB, hockey, wrestling, and much more. My Minnesota passion.

Now that we're past game one with a W, the rest of the OOC schedule lines up well for a young team, 1. A competent FCS team that may be vulnerable to the pass. 2. A MAC team with some issues on defense, and 3. a dangerous offensive team, with problems on special teams and defense. We will have a chance to get the offense going and firm up the defense before we start the conference schedule.

+4

They're a young, inexperience team, opening on the road, I'll cut them some slack. Gray can't be that bad, penalties can be fixed, the defense played well. I'm confident that they'll get better as the season progresses.

Top Bottom