Time for some changes

Schnoodler, agree, that you cannot just throw a Fr. into the frey but need to bring him along in situations where he has a good chance to succeed. Throwing him in against PS or OSU could set him back mentally, but today in the 4th, would have been a great opportunity to get sometime. Weber does a good job of reading the defenses and getting them in the right sets and plays, he just can't seem to to be able to survey the field and throw on time, it would be a shame if that would cause him to lose his job, but that is very possible. I sometimes wonder if the coaches are afraid to put Grey in situations like yesterday in case he does really well and gives the fans reason for a controversy, before he is ready to read the D etc. If Weber doesn't step up the next 2 weeks it could be interesting.

I'm not sure if Brew is all that concerned about heat from critics. That's probably the one good thing about out local media, it probably thickened his hide up a bit. As I said, i agree yesterday would have been a perfect opportunity to give gray a drive. I wish it would have happened.

There's no point in sitting Weber for the next two games, but if he doesn't show something soon I personally hope we get a chance to see Gray on a limited basis and if we don't then I'm concerned about his progress.

That's about where I'm at. I've fully supported the coaches' decisions on this up till this last game, but I expected to see Gray in at the end there. I've been worried about what not seeing him means about his progress, where other people seem to be questioning the coaches.

It seems like the two most likely reasons he didn't get a series against Purdue are that he's either not where you'd expect him to be after a year with the team, or that in this specific game, Brew decided to keep him off the field until the 'kitchen sink' games against PSU and OSU. Otherwise, there's little reason not to stick him in there for a series.

If we don't see more out of Gray or Weber by Halloween, I'm going to start wondering about Alipate's chances next season.

Top Bottom