Time.for PJ Fleck to Go, Engine Started

Also for all we know.. Maybe Kesich prefers the ball towards the right hash and not in the center.. Maybe his conversion rate is higher on every other day and Fleck was playing to his players strength but it didn’t work out.. who knows..

On Thursday opener national TV, missed the winning field goal. Lots of.missed plays all.game.

Fleck has been described as a CEO. Well the board says your performance is not to the standards.

Last season flop and now.

Not enough support yet but hot water yes.
The board (Admin, Regents, AD) is perfectly happy with the status quo.

The shareholders are a mixed bag. For every one of you, there are 2 Flecktites that still believe Fleck is a hot commodity and is a missed field goal last night away from the NT game.

Expecting him to get fired is only going to make your season more disappointing.

he may be a joke. But he's our joke for the foreseeable future.

5"the good news is the ratio between Flecktites and you used to be 15:1.

8 years in, reality is catching up.

1. The team PJ Fleck mostly inherited from the previous coach.

2. PJ Fleck's Gophers since then.

And then people say at least Fleck is not Brewster.

And they are right that he's not Just look at last season and now what is unfolding.

Word is that AK is doing better at Rutgers and Brosmer regressed here. Hmmm...

I've been saying this for years, glad people are finally catching on.
The emperor has always been naked.

It's getting harder to deny it for those who desperately want it to be something different.

And I believe PJ wants it to be something different than what is happening. He lacks the ability to rise above the challenges he faces.

Looming over all of this is the unpleasant fact that the expansion of the B10, NIL, and the idiotic transfer rule, all work against middling teams like Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Maryland, and eventually Iowa and Wisconsin. In a conference with Oregon, Southern Cal, Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State, there is zero chance Minnesota ever gets near a conference championship, much less the playoff 12. Some kind of realignment to save programs may eventually break up the B18, despite all the money sloshing around.
We could win the Big Ten after those schools leave the conference for the new Premier League of college football. It’s just a matter of time (and greed).

1. The team PJ Fleck mostly inherited from the previous coach.

2. PJ Fleck's Gophers since then.

And then people say at least Fleck is not Brewster.

And they are right that he's not Just look at last season and now what is unfolding.

Word is that AK is doing better at Rutgers and Brosmer regressed here. Hmmm...
Did you talk to AK's mom?

I think there is no point in even talking about replacing Fleck. We are stuck with him until he decides to leave.

I just noticed that we had a game. It must stink to have been foolish enough to watch it.

I understand going to the game. Friends, food, drinks, tailgating. That's cool.

But actually worried about winning...and talking about COACHING?? As if you actually believe the Gophers might someday have a winning program??

The Gophers should have beaten a quality ACC team with more recruiting-rankings talent but for a couple of missed field goals and a killer fumble. Kesich is an all-conference kicker and he missed. That's not on coaching.

It's not time to get the fire PJ movement going, but it is time to talk about Greg Harbaugh. The offense was painful to watch and completely unimaginative.

The inability to hire a quality OC and QB coach who can recruit and improve a QB is my beef with PJ. Sanford and Harbaugh have both been predictable fails.
Except we have been through multiple OC's and same result. 1st qtr drive to 10 yard line then 2 runs up the middle. Played for FG and it was missed.

I am sure we will see a number of these type of threads this season.

Hate to break it to those starting such threads but it is highly unlikely Fleck is fired during the season or at the end of the season.

Fleck will be the coach in 2025 so…..
Threads like these are comical and sad. Reading some of the reactions you would think we just lost to some crap FCS team as opposed to North Carolina.

There are things about Fleck that are frustrating. He is extremely risk averse and will opt to play it safe over taking a chance in most situations. It is also frustrating that he doesn't seem willing to go out and hire and experienced OC, opting instead for unproven young coaches to lead the offense.

But we are nowhere close to there being legit discussions about firing him. So for those banging that drum, it's a free country, but you are wasting your time and you aren't going to get your wish.

And to those throwing in the towel after a week 1 loss in bad weather, without our star RB, to an ACC team, in a game we could have won if our kicker didn't have an off day.....take a deep breath....take a walk......let the season play out before losing all hope..... :)

AK last night went 15/24 (62.5) for three TDs, no INTs and a 155.2 rating. Yea, it wasn't against top talent so weigh that in.
It wasn't even against mediocre talent. It was against an FCS team they were favored to beat by 40 and Rutgers offense was carried by their RB. AK didn't look bad but he also didn't look good. It took Rutgers quite a while to pull away from Howard as well.

Threads like these are comical and sad. Reading some of the reactions you would think we just lost to some crap FCS team as opposed to North Carolina.

There are things about Fleck that are frustrating. He is extremely risk averse and will opt to play it safe over taking a chance in most situations. It is also frustrating that he doesn't seem willing to go out and hire and experienced OC, opting instead for unproven young coaches to lead the offense.

But we are nowhere close to there being legit discussions about firing him. So for those banging that drum, it's a free country, but you are wasting your time and you aren't going to get your wish.

And to those throwing in the towel after a week 1 loss in bad weather, without our star RB, to an ACC team, in a game we could have won if our kicker didn't have an off day.....take a deep breath....take a walk......let the season play out before losing all hope..... :)
This is the result of multiple 8/9+ win seasons, the villagers are restless. 10 years ago we'd be excited to have taken UNC down to the wire. The sustained success has become a double edged sword.

The offense does need to be unleashed a bit more or opened up entirely, we saw what Brosmer was capable of in the two minute drill. We could still have a palatable season if the defense keeps up what we saw yesterday and the offense figures some things out. You need the kicker to do his thing but I'd prefer the offense takes the kicker out of the game entirely.

Pollyanna

Pollyanna
He openly criticized the offense while making the correct assessment that Fleck is nowhere near being fired by the people who actually make those calls. That's not being a Pollyanna. It's also not pollyannish to say it's the first game into a 12 game season and to give it some time. Come the end of the Iowa game, if things haven't progressed, there'll be more wolves at the door and less reason for keeping an open mind. To rip a poster for saying "give it time" and giving reasonable reasons for doing so at this point is inauthentic and shows your inability to use perspective in the presence of anger/irritability, which, based on my observations of your posting over the last couple of seasons, is fairly perpetual. Just because someone doesn't agree with your beliefs doesn't mean they're wrong or wildly delusional.

Fleck has earned some grace whether anyone likes it or not and his seat will stay cool unless this team absolutely craters. And if he beats Iowa and/or Wisconsin this season, his seat will remain cool in 2025. It's a hard truth for some but it's truth nonetheless. We have what we have until we don't.

He openly criticized the offense while making the correct assessment that Fleck is nowhere near being fired by the people who actually make those calls. That's not being a Pollyanna. It's also not pollyannish to say it's the first game into a 12 game season and to give it some time. Come the end of the Iowa game, if things haven't progressed, there'll be more wolves at the door and less reason for keeping an open mind. To rip a poster for saying "give it time" and giving reasonable reasons for doing so at this point is inauthentic and shows your inability to use perspective in the presence of anger/irritability, which, based on my observations of your posting over the last couple of seasons, is fairly perpetual. Just because someone doesn't agree with your beliefs doesn't mean they're wrong or wildly delusional.

Fleck has earned some grace whether anyone likes it or not and his seat will stay cool unless this team absolutely craters. And if he beats Iowa and/or Wisconsin this season, his seat will remain cool in 2025. It's a hard truth for some but it's truth nonetheless. We have what we have until we don't.
I ripped him for his opening line where he talked about threads like this being comical and sad. Our offense has been comical and sad since 2020.

Bad weather, acc team, first game, off night for kicker.

Mnvcguy in late season excuse making form.

People can dream or ask that PJ be fired but it won’t happen anytime soon. The gopher athletic department doesn’t have and won’t have the funds to justify a buyout of his contract.

Too soon for talks of a regime change. But regardless of end of year record, if I don't see Fleck progressing in his abilities, I'm concerned.

I will never accept this idea that we can't hire/find a better coach if we need to. That's a sucker-ass mindset that is far too ingrained into MN culture, and count me in on pushing back on this ethos.

But, money talks, and the U will need to pay out the nose if they wanted a proven commodity.

The reality is Fleck will have to have 3 consecutive dissapointing seasons to be out the door. Some folks feel he's already had that, but he also has brought levels of success we haven't seen in far too long.

Right now, if I were AD - I would not be entertaining any thoughts of firing Fleck. After this season, it's possible that could change. Coyle really needs to get more $$$ out there.

Doesn't necessarily have to be the whole drive. But come out and go hurry up several plays in a row once in awhile. Change it up when it's not going well.
It rocks the defense back on its heels every once in a while NC did it to us coming out of the half and I thought Lindenberg was going to throw up on the sidelines he was so out of breath.

Top Bottom