Throw M Down

Gophfan22

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned here, but there is a new campaign to create a hand symbol for Gopher Fans a la Texas, Texas A & M, and Oregon, etc. It's basically doing the west coast sign only pointed down so it looks like an M.
https://twitter.com/throwmdown
pic.twitter.com/U0S2X07Njl

Didn't some football players try to get this going a few years ago? Maybe the skyline 3?

You kids can have at it. Pretty sure I'd break my wrist or a finger doing this.

My parents were at the U in the early 70s. They've shown me a hand symbol with two peace signs, upside down, with your index fingers touching. Not sure if they were the only ones doing it or if it was common. I feel like I've seen it recently too, like from a player during an interview or some pose for the pre-game montage.

Gotta be careful throwin' around these convoluted hand signals. May get you shot.

Its not too difficult. Tuck your thumb in the palm of your hand like making the number 4 hand signal. Put your middle finger on top of your ring finger and turn your hand downward. Viola!

I like it. I like any good positive Gopher traditions we can start, to make us have more "things" to define our school, and have others recognize us. Gotta think big - how cool would it be for The Barnyard to all throw down "M's" after a big dunk?

Nice work on this!

I'm for it. Over the past few months I've seen a few people -- recruits and current students/players doing an upside-down version of the thing Wisconsin does with their index finger and thumbs. I --hate that one, mostly because it copies Wisconsin.

Follow us on Twitter @throwMdown

We just started a twitter account last Friday night and already have over 200 followers including a number of Gopher athletes. You can see if the momentum grows. We are planning some pretty cool contests and giveaways very soon. Have to follow us to be eligible.

Follow us on Twitter @throwMdown

We just started a twitter account last Friday night and already have over 200 followers including a number of Gopher athletes. You can see if the momentum grows. We are planning some pretty cool contests and giveaways very soon. Have to follow us to be eligible.

Done and done!

Edit: Sorry, I was going to be a downer and decided to change my mind. Let people have fun.

Brian Cupito used to throw down an "M" symbol with his hands in 2004... surprised it didn't pick up more...

Its not too difficult. Tuck your thumb in the palm of your hand like making the number 4 hand signal. Put your middle finger on top of your ring finger and turn your hand downward. Viola!

Ha ha

It isn't that it's too complicated for me! You might as well tell me that it isn't difficult to do the splits! At this point in my life, with the jobs I've had and the injuries I've experienced, my muscles and connective tissues just don't allow it. :)

I'm glad the students have found a new hobby. I think everyone should learn sign language - at least the alphabet.

I did it and I'm going to do it again. Keeps me young.....at heart anyway. I like that the kids are showing pride by doing something simple and fun for the U, or now our M. Practice helps.

Throw JK down!

Coach Kill is still our coach, so let's show our support for him and throw JK down!

Right hand is the "J" and the left hand is the "K".

GNC0JAZ.png

Top Bottom