Through the Eyes of a Former Gopher: Parity is Why Gophers Won't Overlook Aggies

I like it.. Love the 'behind the scenes' feel Sean's articles have developed. Keep it up, Mr. Hoffman!!

Nice article and I liked the Sunday Dinner spread thing.

Last year the BT, including Nebraska, went 32-4 against lesser teams in the NC. The only L's were to Toledo (Purdue), Fresno State (Illini), South Dakota and NIU (without mention).

Thanks for the heads up though Sean but something tells me that Coach Kill's is not going to let NMS get in the way of our first W this season.

great points - this is their superbowl, it's our given game. if you come in unprepared, you will get hosed. liking these columns.

Wonder Bread, bologna, cheese, baked beans, mayo, and mustard

Awesome LOL. At least he gave them a couple condiments to flavor it haha

Damn, I was under the impression that Mason barely spoke to the team.

The game, be it against the Ohio State or New Mexico State, should never be about the opponent. It should be a measure of your game preparation, execution, and adjustments. How well you play the game. Its how well you play each play of the game. And it takes every player, every down. The difference in talent can be overcome by a team executing every down. The Gophers should be known as playing every down to their best abiltiy. The problem with former regimes has been two or three players going through the motions, committing untimely penalties, breakdowns in special teams. I was there for the U of Pacific loss and the Ohio University Loss. The Gophers deserved to lose both games because they failed to perform. They basically had too many players taking the game off.

The game, be it against the Ohio State or New Mexico State, should never be about the opponent. It should be a measure of your game preparation, execution, and adjustments. How well you play the game. Its how well you play each play of the game. And it takes every player, every down. The difference in talent can be overcome by a team executing every down. The Gophers should be known as playing every down to their best abiltiy. The problem with former regimes has been two or three players going through the motions, committing untimely penalties, breakdowns in special teams. I was there for the U of Pacific loss and the Ohio University Loss. The Gophers deserved to lose both games because they failed to perform. They basically had too many players taking the game off.

This is a great post. Every team is beatable on any given day - that's why upsets happen. I don't see Kill preparing for this game lightly, even though everyone thinks this will be a cake walk.

Top Bottom