Thoughts on the game tonight

sidefx182

Reaction score
What's up everyone. Just figured I would start a thread to get some thoughts on the game.

Thanks.

It's going to get old if someone doesn't tell the radio guy that Hollins and Hollins are not brothers.

Sounds like they are trying to push it. Idk for sure tho. But seriously does nobody know that there is no such foul as "over the back"?

Welch is looking rough out there. He's getting killed on defense. Chip made a couple nice shots, but nothing is looking good so far.

Is anyone actually watching the game?

Yeah, I am. Why, can you not see it still?

Why Gophers? Why do you do this to your fans? I'm on the edge of my seat hoping we can matchup against a team not even in your NCAA classification! Why?

Yeah, I am. Why, can you not see it still?

No one can see it unless you are a pay member of Gophersports.com. which is showing the game in there live video, but it only for pay members.

Augie's really not playing particularly well, just hitting some open 3s. This foul situation is going to make things really ugly for the Vikings if they can't avoid fouling.

Sorry, I had been checking out the Gophers All-Access thread, and I was falsely assuming that more people had All Access. A lot of the open 3's were our defenders taking their screens wrong. Their Murray kid is on fire, and just hit an NBA-length 3 as the shot clock was expiring.

We are just far too big for them, and their fouls are showing that. We don't look great on offense, but at least our starters have a bit of competence to them. Our 2nd line looked pretty bad, aside from Chip. Also, Rodney looks a TON better defending Schilling than Coleman did.

And unfortunately, Schilling's trying too hard. He's not taking shots that are within his usual style of play, which is really showing already. Minnesota's defenders seem to really know how to take him out of his comfort zone. If it weren't for Murray, the Vikes would definitely be struggling a lot worse.

Oh, hello Neutral. Glad you could bring your cheer to this thread too! Mind using it sparingly, though? Thanks in advance!

Welch either looks really slow side-to-side or his ankle is bothering him a ton. He's getting beat a ton on D.

Gophers rule, this is awesome. It's OK that they are being out-played by a Division II team. I'll just wait until after the game on Gopherhole to absorb the rationalization.

Gophers rule, this is awesome. It's OK that they are being out-played by a Division II team. I'll just wait until after the game on Gopherhole to absorb the rationalization.
Or you can wait til the season starts to judge the team.

Halftime.

This Murray kid is playing his mind out. He has 19 on 7 of 10 shooting, and is really their only offense (1/2 their points). Our offense has come mainly off free throws (Trevor is 4/4). Welch looks like he's a bit timid on the ankle, or at least I hope so. Otherwise he is INCREDIBLY slow laterally.

Halftime.

This Murray kid is playing his mind out. He has 19 on 7 of 10 shooting, and is really their only offense (1/2 their points). Our offense has come mainly off free throws (Trevor is 4/4). Welch looks like he's a bit timid on the ankle, or at least I hope so. Otherwise he is INCREDIBLY slow laterally.
They need to find someone different to guard Murray it seems.

From a pure shooting standpoint, I'd trade rosters with Augustana right now. I just don't get it...I want the gophers to be good so bad, but nobody in our backcourt right now looks they could get any playing time for Augustana. It's great that we have a good PF, but there isn't a more irrelevant position in college basketball. It's all about the 3-point shot...and we might be the worst team in the country at that particular skill. But, as has been said, the season hasn't even started yet and I'll give this team the right to improve...hope they do

Halftime.

But should we really be surprised that the opposing team is taking a lot of 3s and hitting more than 40%?

I have to admit, tubby has fallen out of favor with me. If this is yet another poor free-throw, poor 3 point defending team I am all for bringing in Taylor.

Tubby Smith proves once again he is a dog crap recruiter and a stubborn, stubborn man who has not adapted to the new college game. Here's to riding the coat-tails of a national championship with someone else's players. Pathetic.

I'll watch a real college basketball team in Ames.

Hollins

Are Austin and Andre Hollins brothers????

15-2 run to start the half. Uh-oh, the Gophers may not be the worst team to ever step on a basketball court.

Top Bottom