Thomas Barber Commits To Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Yackle. Not sure about Jim Carter

It's spelled Yackel. Ken Yackel is probably one of the best Goohers to attend the UofM...All American Baseball player and All Anerican Defensivemen for Hockey and a one hell of a football player.

This year we get to panic that we have too many early verbals, not leaving room for late bloomers! :cool:

Go Gophers!!

Well we're likely to run out of room for the numerous 5 stars that want to decide late.

He reminds me of a Chris Borland or Zach Thomas. An undersized LB with great instincts who can make plays.

Hope he can be as good as his father and brothers.

I was thinking of great linebackers who also played hockey for Minnesota and it goes way back for me to Noel Jenke. He of course was a three sport athlete adding baseball.

Good recall. My older brother played a little baseball against him back in owatonna. He truly was a talent.

Undersized?

Borland was 6', 213 coming out of high school, I don't know about Thomas.

Oops. Thought I was still in the Carter thread. Yeah...the newest Barber being 6'1" and already 225 is certainly not undersized.

Played at 6'1" 220 as a junior. He's plenty big.

Another 2 sport athlete that comes to mind was Joe Dziedzic. He was recruited by Michigan, USC and UCLA to play football, and Minnesota and Wisconsin for Hockey. He chose Minnesota and played 4 years.

Top Bottom