Thomas and Emilien

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Doug Emilien projected to start at WR and Ky Thomas projected as no. 2 RB at Kansas. Good luck. Both were well coached.

Doug Emilien projected to start at WR and Ky Thomas projected as no. 2 RB at Kansas. Good luck. Both were well coached.

Kinda crazy Emilien could start at Kansas but could never see the field here. I guess KU is pretty far behind the Gopher program.

People like House were pretty high on Emilien. He had the physical traits but something else must have been missing

Watched a bit of the Kansas spring game to see if either flashed, that offense looks putrid.

Ky Thomas could see the writing on the wall. He's nearly identical to Tre Potts in size, speed, style, etc. It looked like he was going to be the 4th RB behind Mo, Potts, & Bucky (who hadn't transferred yet). He decided to transfer home, & play immediately for the Jayhawks.

Emilien... who knows really, but it seemed like he was always injured, and got passed up on the depth chart because of it. If everyone was healthy he'd have been WR #5 behind CAB, Wright, Jackson & MBS. Sometimes a guy just needs a fresh start.

Both transfers suck for our depth purposes, but they didn't transfer into the B1G, so I don't begrudge them wanting to play ASAP. Best of luck at Kansas guys.

Ky Thomas could see the writing on the wall. He's nearly identical to Tre Potts in size, speed, style, etc. It looked like he was going to be the 4th RB behind Mo, Potts, & Bucky (who hadn't transferred yet). He decided to transfer home, & play immediately for the Jayhawks.

Emilien... who knows really, but it seemed like he was always injured, and got passed up on the depth chart because of it. If everyone was healthy he'd have been WR #5 behind CAB, Wright, Jackson & MBS. Sometimes a guy just needs a fresh start.

Both transfers suck for our depth purposes, but they didn't transfer into the B1G, so I don't begrudge them wanting to play ASAP. Best of luck at Kansas guys.
Emilien wasn’t really passed up. He was younger than CAB, Jackson and MBS. Fleck doesn’t rotate the wrs a ton so outside the top 3 or 4 guys there’s not going to be many touches. He could’ve stayed and probably developed, but some kids don’t want to work three or four years before getting the chance to pop.

Yeah best of luck to them. Not being in the B1G certainly makes me feel better.

Top Bottom