This team has no toughness.

Yup, but I believe coach Pitino already identified the problem after last season. And Mason and Morris are probably the only two candidates we have. Mathieu has turned into a whiner.

First time poster. I love gopherhole. Played baseball at the u from 87-92. This team frustrates me. Whenever something goes wrong this team pisses down their leg. Where are the seniors that say they want to play in the big dance. Same guys that come out of a timeout and miss 4 free throws. Joey king had three wide open threes that he was lucky to hit the rim on. love hollins but where are you when things going bad? I need you to step up. I know king is a junior but how in the world does king and hollins just throw it to Michigan guy in a panic. Ridiculous. How when things are going bad does walker just absolutely just miss the easiest pass in the world and fumbles it out of bounds. We can always blame it on our coaching but come on seniors step up! We always talk about rpi and all that but the bottom line is just win. We don't do that. Northwestern won 4 road games in the big ten including winning at Wisconsin last year. Nebraska won at Michigan state last year. Iowa won at ohio state this year. JUST WIN! It can be done we just don't do it. Every year we are always on the bubble for the same reason Don't win road games. Like I said no reason to complain the formula is easy just win!!!! The purdue and Michigan losses are a joke! Just get the job done seniors!!

Watching Ohio St slam home uncontested dunk after dunk made me angry. Watching their Freshman rack up 25 1st half points and talk trash the whole time made me even angrier. Watching him slam home the monstrous dunk as went into half pissed me off even more. That fact that none of our guys seemed to take any of this personally made me write them off as gutless. It's a contact sport, we play in the most physical conference and damn it, we don't just let another team come in and push us around, especially a Freshman. Coffey, Carter, Tarver, James, Puchtel, Stamper, Mbakwe, any of those guys would have given that Freshman something to think about the next time he drove the lane or opened his yap.

Or....they hit a reasonable number of free throws and you are warbling praise.

I know you want to glorify the forearm to the chest routine when somebody goes to the basket but that's not why they aren't winning. The problems are pretty identifiable and at least one seems fixable. Do whatever it takes in practice to get this team above 70% at the line.

Top Bottom