This team has no fight....

As a team, they do not have fight. A few players do (Mbakwe, Hollins, Hoff)--but as a team, any attempt to call what they have as being aggressive or putting up a fight is a joke.

How can you possibly say that players like Ralph Sampson and Rodney Williams put up a fight? Even if Ralph puts up good numbers, he is the softest player in the nation and down the stretch I can't imagine a player I would want to have the ball less. How can you not laugh at his face in the last few minutes? He is a deer in headlight. Somehow, his softness and timidness come out even more down the stretch. He is a mediocre player at best. I would much rather have Colt Iverson in down the stretch, cause at least you know he is going to give his all.

Rodney Williams should play 10-15 minutes per game--he simply doesn't possess the basketball IQ, skills or desire to play any more on a winning team. People who think he'll be drafted need a mental evaluation--he will never play in the NBA. Jumping high is one thing, but unfortunately for him basketball involves shooting, dribbling, passing, desire, and at least a somewhat awareness of your surroundings.

Despite the injuries, this is the most embarrassing team in recent history. I appreciated teams in years past that had less talent, but at least gutted it out.

THis is what i am talking about:

In a troubling assessment of the Gophers' performance, Sampson said they lost a must-win game because of a lack of desire. "I think Illinois just wanted it more than we did," he said.

Smith said players need to question themselves: "When a guy questions how hard [the team is playing] ... what happens is you look in your mirror and you say, 'Hey, what am I doing, how hard am I working?' "

Seems as though you stated that once before Chief. We get it. We know where you stand.

Seems as though others keep bringing it up...but I shouldn't respond?

Tubby made a mistake. A big one. It's costing the team dearly.

I'll post what I want, you are free to ignore it.

With a few minutes left, BTN announcers mentioned the posture of the Minnesota players, and how it didn't look good for them...They were looking defeated. I was thinking the same thing at the time, yet there was so much time to make a shot or make a stop. Deer in the headlights.

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom