This team has no fight....

F*ck you...these guys fought all night...the shots didn't fall. Show me the big ten team that can lose thier starting and back up PG and a 6'10 center off thier roster and not have serious issues...

we aren't very good right now- we lose to iowa on sunday and it may be the NIT because realistically i don't know who we can beat.

no.. f*&(@! you... i remember prior gopher teams with less much less talent that showed better warrior mentality and fought for wins despite the lack of talent (at from a fan's perspective, this team showed less fight than what I remember from prior years) when I am saying this, I am speaking in relative terms... clearly all D-1 players generally do more than just go through the motions..... however, I'd prefer 10 dusty rycharts to at least one of the projected NBA lottery picks on this team

maybe my comment should have been directed at a few specific players rather than the entire team... but this is my impression this year..... so fd&#*& off, I have a right to my opinion... and here we are free to express ourselves....

I'm not sure at this point it's a question of heart but rather one of ability. Simply put, these guys aren't capable of playing any better right now. They play hard, but our back court players simply aren't up to the task of playing consistent Big Ten minutes right now.

I'm not sure at this point it's a question of heart but rather one of ability. Simply put, these guys aren't capable of playing any better right now. They play hard, but our back court players simply aren't up to the task of playing consistent Big Ten minutes right now.

ok... maybe you guys are right... sorry... i see you point

Take the 2 best ball handlers off any team in the counrty...

and tell me they wouldn't be significantly less successful.

ok... maybe you guys are right... sorry... i see you point

No apology needed from my perspective. Fans overreact sometimes and I'm as pissed as anybody. But I'm more pissed at what has led to us having to play three true freshmen for extended minutes in the back court. Needless to say, we're seeing why that equation rarely works unless the freshman are all McDonald's All-Americans. None of our three are even close to that. The team simply isn't going to be any good for the rest of the season. It is what it is. :eek:

"Take the 2 best ball handlers off any team in the counrty...and tell me they wouldn't be significantly less successful."

great... thanks.. now I have an excuse if Minnesota goes to the NIT this year

This is a good/great team with Nolen, Walker and Joseph.

This is a average/bad team without Nolen, Walker and Joseph.

You can only lose so many players before the team starts falling apart. The wheels have completely fallen off right now and now it's up to Tubby to straighten things out. He's the leader, that's his job.

no.. f*&(@! you... i remember prior gopher teams with less much less talent that showed better warrior mentality and fought for wins despite the lack of talent (at from a fan's perspective, this team showed less fight than what I remember from prior years) when I am saying this, I am speaking in relative terms... clearly all D-1 players generally do more than just go through the motions..... however, I'd prefer 10 dusty rycharts to at least one of the projected NBA lottery picks on this team

maybe my comment should have been directed at a few specific players rather than the entire team... but this is my impression this year..... so fd&#*& off, I have a right to my opinion... and here we are free to express ourselves....

Are you the jackass that sits next to me in Section 213?

Losing Nolen sucks...However I have to use a team like Purdue as an example here...They lose the best player in the Big Ten and still make the elite 8...and still manage to be in the top 10...Sure we lost a pg and a leader, but so did they...There is just no fight, or anyone who can step up for us...end of story...This thread is absolutely legit.

The Gophers played hard.

The Gophers have NO pg

With Hoff playing pg they have no 2guard.

The Gophers have 2 players-Trevor and Hoff.

The Gophers now have no bench.

What you see is what is left.

Get used to it.

Call me negative if you want but those are the facts.

Ugly/ugly basketball game.

Another year that could have been.

Unfortunately that's difficult for fans around here to understand. We still should've been able to win tonight, but what's annoying is that people find the dumbest stuff to complain about and just repeat themselves. The complaints about Hoffarber at pg are ridiculous. And we understand that everyone hates Rodney. Maybe if they say it over and over Tubby will bench him.

and tell me they wouldn't be significantly less successful.

Losing Nolen sucks...However I have to use a team like Purdue as an example here...They lose the best player in the Big Ten and still make the elite 8...and still manage to be in the top 10...Sure we lost a pg and a leader, but so did they...There is just no fight, or anyone who can step up for us...end of story...This thread is absolutely legit.

Yes and Purdue went from a national champion contender to an elite 8 contender (significant difference) and they lost one of their key players (admittedly a very good one). Losing the top 2 ball handlers is different.

It's equally as disturbing that this team was so profoundly dependant on Nolen. They shouldn't have fallen off so swiftly after losing just one player.

It's equally as disturbing that this team was so profoundly dependant on Nolen. They shouldn't have fallen off so swiftly after losing just one player.

They wouldn't have if Joseph hadn't left just as they didn't last year. Being reliant on the top 2 pgs is the nature of college sports. You can't realistically have several starting caliber pgs and you can't make a trade when two players at one position go down (or leave).

Edit: obviously it'd be nice if we had been deeper in terms of ball handling and shooting at the start of the year but it'd be nice to always be better at everything.

Sorry Bud, they lost more than one player. Nolen was the last straw.

I would rather have Nolen than Joseph. Nolen was by far the most important player in the program.

no they just don't have guards that can hit a three besides hoff. Hard to come back in crunch time when the other team can civer one guy on the perimeter and focus everything on the lane

I would rather have Nolen than Joseph. Nolen was by far the most important player in the program.

They would've been just fine without Nolen, had Tubby not run of Joseph. They were just fine last year, just fine earlier this year. In fact, they were often better off, since Tubby couldn't bench Joseph when Nolen wasn't around.

The only reason Nolen became so critical is because Tubby made (an injured and offensively challenged) him the most important piece on the team.

Go to sleep. It's pathetic that you can't figure out that it wasn't just Nolen. You don't think we'd maybe be a little bit better if we still had Joseph to play pg? We were dependent on Nolen because he left. You continue to impress.

They would've been just fine without Nolen, had Tubby not run of Joseph. They were just fine last year, just fine earlier this year. In fact, they were often better off, since Tubby couldn't bench Joseph when Nolen wasn't around.

The only reason Nolen became so critical is because Tubby made (an injured and offensively challenged) him the most important piece on the team.

Seems as though you stated that once before Chief. We get it. We know where you stand.

Were you at the game last night? The Gophers had several problems last night. "Not having fight" was not one of them. They competed just fine. Illinois has a lot more good players than we do. That's what I saw last night. Our problem is we really only have 3 guys who have the potential to put the ball in the basket, Blake, Ralph (from about 12-15 feet) and Trevor (on the block). ... and the other Big Ten teams know that.

Were you at the game last night? The Gophers had several problems last night. "Not having fight" was not one of them. They competed just fine. Illinois has a lot more good players than we do. That's what I saw last night. Our problem is we really only have 3 guys who have the potential to put the ball in the basket, Blake, Ralph (from about 12-15 feet) and Trevor (on the block). ... and the other Big Ten teams know that.[/QUOTE]

Just thought I would highlight that.

Top Bottom