This season will be considered a success if....

Can't call this season a success no matter what. It isn't as if the team was performing well when Kill was still coaching and every team has injuries. Just win out and try to lay some ground work for next year. If they can do it, I'll be fine with it. But I won't call it a success.

It's crazy that if we beat wisconsin, we will be 6-6...we have come a long way as a program. This year has been a disaster, and our schedule has been brutal. Typical Gopher teams would not have had the depth/talent to stay competitive. I'm already pumped for next week and next season.

Can't call this season a success no matter what. It isn't as if the team was performing well when Kill was still coaching and every team has injuries. Just win out and try to lay some ground work for next year. If they can do it, I'll be fine with it. But I won't call it a success.

I'm going to keep combatting this narrative. Yes, every team experiences SOME injuries. Not this many. Quickly scan the injury reports for other B1G teams and you'll see that only Rutgers (20) lists more players than MN (14). Iowa (1), OSU (4), NW (5), Wisc (7) are near the top of the conference standings. MSU and Mich have similar numbers, but I honestly forget right now. Illinois has started the same 5 players on the O-Line in EVERY game this season.

I agree this season will have been a HUGE disappointment regardless of next week's outcome, but to just nonchalantly cast aside injuries as a possible reason for the subpar results makes it seem as though people have another agenda here and want to blame the coaches...

I know I'll be effing crucified for this post...but how about some positivity? With what the team has been through this season ... wins over Illinois and wisconsin and a bowl win would make this a successful season. Can our team get it done...who knows? Also, I'm not sure that you can compare this season to last year. Yep there were very high and lofty expectations, but things didn't go our way this year. If we can't look at it like that...then hang it up now and stop complaining.

At, risk, I am going to have to agree. With the brutal schedule, incredible number of injuries, and the out of the blue coaching change, I look at the way the team has played (- Nebraska and NW games).... the advance in Mitch's game, the looser play calling, Shannon Brooks, this glass is 1/2 full.

Beat Wisky, parade the ax, get two weeks of additional practice, and make hay in 2016.

At, risk, I am going to have to agree. With the brutal schedule, incredible number of injuries, and the out of the blue coaching change, I look at the way the team has played (- Nebraska and NW games).... the advance in Mitch's game, the looser play calling, Shannon Brooks, this glass is 1/2 full.

Beat Wisky, parade the ax, get two weeks of additional practice, and make hay in 2016.

A reasonable and good way to view the season. Nice to see. A disappointing season? Certainly. Explainable? Credibly. Inspirational? Possibly.

I'm going to keep combatting this narrative. Yes, every team experiences SOME injuries. Not this many. Quickly scan the injury reports for other B1G teams and you'll see that only Rutgers (20) lists more players than MN (14). Iowa (1), OSU (4), NW (5), Wisc (7) are near the top of the conference standings. MSU and Mich have similar numbers, but I honestly forget right now. Illinois has started the same 5 players on the O-Line in EVERY game this season.

I agree this season will have been a HUGE disappointment regardless of next week's outcome, but to just nonchalantly cast aside injuries as a possible reason for the subpar results makes it seem as though people have another agenda here and want to blame the coaches...

I guess I can buy that, if that's the direction you want to go. I'm always a wait and see kind of guy with Gopher football when it comes to where the team is. And I've heard every reason in the book why the team has flopped over the years. Everything from no luck, to too young, and now injuries. Regardless of what you want to pin it on, the season has been a disappointment.

I guess I can buy that, if that's the direction you want to go. I'm always a wait and see kind of guy with Gopher football when it comes to where the team is. And I've heard every reason in the book why the team has flopped over the years. Everything from no luck, to too young, and now injuries. Regardless of what you want to pin it on, the season has been a disappointment.

Oh woe is me....I guess we're all entitled to our opinion. As hard as it may be...try to look on the bright side instead of finding reasons to make yourself feel ****ty. A win Saturday would not be a disappointment. A bowl game would not be a disappointment.

Go Gophers !!!!!

Oh woe is me....I guess we're all entitled to our opinion. As hard as it may be...try to look on the bright side instead of finding reasons to make yourself feel ****ty. A win Saturday would not be a disappointment. A bowl game would not be a disappointment.

Go Gophers !!!!!

I don't feel #%# about anything. I'm simply not going to call a season in which guys were openly touting winning the Big Ten West and now may finish with a losing record overall and in the conference a success. If you do, have at it.

I don't feel #%# about anything. I'm simply not going to call a season in which guys were openly touting winning the Big Ten West and now may finish with a losing record overall and in the conference a success. If you do, have at it.

Agreed. Season already was well below expectations no matter how Saturday turns out.

Agreed. Season already was well below expectations no matter how Saturday turns out.

Context matters. Is it the season I wanted, no. If we win this game and a bowl game I will have a much better taste in my mouth in the off-season. If you asked Iowa fans at the start of the season if 10-3 would be a success and asked them now if that record is a success, you will probably get different answers.

Top Bottom