This post is only for the Gopher Fans who sometimes follow Ga. Southern football.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
I'm sorry I placed this on the GOPHERS' 7 National Championship board but I know many of the posters here but not on your other boards. The board monitors can delete if if they want or the Gophers fans can ask them. Sorry if I am imposing!

Many of you GOPHERS said our pick of Clay Helton was a very good HC pick for Ga. Southern's new Head Coach coming from a successful run at USC and I think the Gopher fans were right. It says Helton runs a balanced offense at Georgia Southern. Even though I love the Flex Triple OPTION I could love winning again. I do think HC Clay Helton could do the job given 2 more years and the right recruits.

Ga. Southern's Paulson Stadium - The reason I post this here is in the hopes that MAYBE just MAYBE one day the Gophers and Georgia Southern could do a Home and Home or maybe 2 with the Gopher stadium & one at Paulson. ;-)

FULL VIEW of Paulson Stadium - Most Beautifull stadium in the South East!

Another View- Look under the first & second tear that looks black. If you buy a season ticket, you can go to that area you can have all the Stadium food and drink all the beer you want until the middle of the 4th quarter. The extra cost is $60. dollars a season for home games only. As any of you know, that have bought stadium food and beer, it cost way over $1o a game and this is for ALL YOU CAN EAT AND BEER TO DRINK! Two beers would be $10. dollars and I could drink a lot more than that.
1719522740928.png

The area, in the below picture, is a miniature kids football field, where the children can play pass & where the parents can spread out a blanket on the grass, to the upper left or buy seats in that corner. There is also a small fenced in children playground to the Upper left of the stadium and behind it. It is managed by a few sorority young women but would like one parent or older sibling to watch with them. It's usually used before the game and at half time to run some of the little ones energy out of them!

1719526293469.png

GAME DAY SHUTTLES
Game Day shuttles, all of which are ADA compliant, begin running 2.5 hours prior to kickoff and stop running an hour after the conclusion of the game. Game day shuttles follow two distinct routes and make four stops:

BUD LIGHT CABANAS
A new premium field experience has been added this year and will be in the east end zone in front of the Field of Dreams. The Bud Light Cabanas will feature cable TV, catering, alcohol and one of the best views in the stadium as the Eagles take the field. All cabanas have been sold for this season.

TAILGATING
Full tailgating is back in the parking areas around Allen E. Paulson Stadium. We still encourage fans to "Do Right" during pre-game and post-game activities, but want everyone to have a great experience at Paulson Stadium. Trash receptacles and recycling bins are readily available for use upon the conclusion of your day.

27.000 cement stadium that could hold 35,000 when grass seats are opened up for overflow. Padded Seats with backs can be picked up for the visiteo

TALON THE WHINNER!
The first 2 years in the G5 D1 category went GREAT under our new HC Willie Fritz which changed the offense from the FLEX TRIPLE OPTION to the Pistol Option. It was NOT a true triple option because it only used the QB-HB pitch option. It went great and then the HC Willie Fritz left for another school and GSU went through 4

Last edited:

I'm sorry I placed this on the GOPHERS' 7 National Championship board but I know many of the posters here but not on your other boards. The board monitors can delete if if they want or the Gophers fans can ask them. Sorry if I am imposing!

Many of you GOPHERS said our pick of Clay Helton was a very good HC pick for Ga. Southern's new Head Coach coming from a successful run at USC and I think the Gopher fans were right. It says Helton runs a balanced offense at Georgia Southern. Even though I love the Flex Triple OPTION I could love winning again. I do think HC Clay Helton could do the job given 2 more years and the right recruits.

Ga. Southern's Paulson Stadium - The reason I post this here is in the hopes that MATBE just MAYBE one day the Gophers and Georgia Southern could do a Home and Home!

FULL VIEW of Paulson Stadium - Most Beautifull stadium in the South East!

Another View- Look under the first & second tear that looks black. If you buy a season ticket, you can go to that area you can have all the Stadium food and drink all the beer you want until the middle of the 4th quarter. The extra cost is $60. dollars a season for home games only. As any of you know, that have bought stadium food and beer, it cost way over $1o a game and this is for ALL YOU CAN EAT AND BEER TO DRINK! Two beers would be $10. dollars and I could drink a lot more than that.
View attachment 32019

The area, in the below picture, is a miniature kids football field, where the children can play pass & where the parents can spread out a blanket on the grass, to the upper left or buy seats in that corner. There is also a small fenced in children playground to the Upper left of the stadium and behind it. It is managed by a few sorority young women but would like one parent or older sibling to watch with them. It's usually used before the game and at half time to run some of the little ones energy out of them!

View attachment 32023

GAME DAY SHUTTLES
Game Day shuttles, all of which are ADA compliant, begin running 2.5 hours prior to kickoff and stop running an hour after the conclusion of the game. Game day shuttles follow two distinct routes and make four stops:

BUD LIGHT CABANAS
A new premium field experience has been added this year and will be in the east end zone in front of the Field of Dreams. The Bud Light Cabanas will feature cable TV, catering, alcohol and one of the best views in the stadium as the Eagles take the field. All cabanas have been sold for this season.

TAILGATING
Full tailgating is back in the parking areas around Allen E. Paulson Stadium. We still encourage fans to "Do Right" during pre-game and post-game activities, but want everyone to have a great experience at Paulson Stadium. Trash receptacles and recycling bins are readily available for use upon the conclusion of your day.

27.000 cement stadium that could hold 35,000 when grass seats are opened up for overflow. Padded Seats with backs can be picked up for the visiteo

TALON THE WINNER!
The first 2 years in the G5 D1 category went GREAT under our new HC Willie Fritz which changed the offense from the FLEX TRIPLE OPTION to the Pistol Option. It was NOT a true triple option because it only used the QB-HB pitch option. It went great and then the HC Willie Fritz left for another school and GSU went through 4

Oo yes - Southern's 2024 Footballs schedule with TV stations as of now.. Just in case you have a lul in important games or the Gophers aren't playing at that time.

Last edited:

If this will help, just some of you watch a Southern game, I'll go to the Badgers board and Piss on them the 5 days before the Gopher Badgers game. ;-)
I’ll watch them if we get a broadcast out here in the PNW. And, if the Gophers do play at GSU, I’ll make the trip to Statesboro.

Why not, I’d watch. I already have more in common with you than 95% of the other teams out there.

I’ll watch them if we get a broadcast out here in the PNW. And, if the Gophers do play at GSU, I’ll make the trip to Statesboro.
You'll get a game broadcast from a national sports channel unless the Gophers are playing or an important game must be watched. I surely understand that

Then I'll pay the for the TAILGATE for you and the Gopher Board Fans that travel, all the way, to Statesboro... ;;-)

I've seen a couple GA Southern games on ESPN+. It's a lot easier to watch if you mute the announcers that cover the game

I've seen a couple GA Southern games on ESPN+. It's a lot easier to watch if you mute the announcers that cover the game

I hear you and I thank you for watching. I hope the major broadcasters will clean that up. I think the first game will set a mark for the rest of the year.

Boise State, 4:00, ESPNU

PARTY ON GOPHERS
TALON

That Ole Miss game away will be a big challenge. Is Savannah the closest with a major airport?

I was the biggest Georgia Southern fan for 2 games. First, when you guys beat Nebraska in 2022 which led to Scottie Frost getting fired. Secondly in 2023 when you played Wisconsin, was hoping for an upset.

I was the biggest Georgia Southern fan for 2 games. First, when you guys beat Nebraska in 2022 which led to Scottie Frost getting fired. Secondly in 2023 when you played Wisconsin, was hoping for an upset.
That game had some badger favored calls. Brutal

I used to follow them a little when Erk Russell was the coach and Tracy Ham ran an awesome option game. Didn't Erk bring a jug of water from the stream that runs through campus to their playoff games?

I used to follow them a little when Erk Russell was the coach and Tracy Ham ran an awesome option game. Didn't Erk bring a jug of water from the stream that runs through campus to their playoff games?
I think you're thinking of the Waterboy and the glacier water 😄

That Ole Miss game away will be a big challenge. Is Savannah the closest with a major airport?

I think you can find a closer airport than Savannah International, and I don't know if they have a direct flight from Minnesota. Then you would have to rent a car and travel to the game. Unless you're retired and want to see the city of Savannah for 3 days and then drive, I would look for something closer.

Tupelo Airport is the closest airport and probably where the team will land. Often a team will charter a flight for its fans, so I'd check into that first If they are chartering flights you need to contact the University and see if they are doing so and book ASAP! The only problem with charter flights is that in many cases you're bussed to the game and after the game bussed back with no layover to rest.

TUPELO AIRPORT AND FLIGHTS
[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.priceline.com/tab=flights&query=tupelo airport flights&match=be&kw=tupelo flights&refid=PLMSN&refclickid=D:cFl[/URL]

Memphis International Airport is the next closest

Memphis International Airport in Memphis, Tennessee, is the closest International Airport to the University of Mississippi. Incoming students, researchers, faculty, and staff should make plans to arrive at the Memphis International Airport (Airport Code MEM).

TEATH AND TALONS of the GOPHER.... ;-)

Last edited:

Would take our AD Mark Coyle to schedule a home and home with Georgia Southern. Georgia is an important recruiting area for the Minnesota Gophers. Would be fun to renew playing again. Talon, Your stadium at GSU has some ideas the Gophers athletic department should steal for our stadium. Thanks for stopping by. Would be cool to have another series of games scheduled. I'll have to check on and watch GSU when I get a chance this fall.

I think you can find a closer airport than Savannah International, and I don't know if they have a direct flight from Minnesota. Then you would have to rent a car and travel to the game. Unless you're retired and want to see the city of Savannah for 3 days and then drive, I would look for something closer.

Tupelo Airport is the closest airport and probably where the team will land. Often a team will charter a flight for its fans, so I'd check into that first If they are chartering flights you need to contact the University and see if they are doing so and book ASAP! The only problem with charter flights is that in many cases you're bussed to the game and after the game bussed back with no layover to rest.

TUPELO AIRPORT AND FLIGHTS
[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.priceline.com/tab=flights&query=tupelo airport flights&match=be&kw=tupelo flights&refid=PLMSN&refclickid=D:cFl[/URL]

Memphis International Airport is the next closest

Memphis International Airport in Memphis, Tennessee, is the closest International Airport to the University of Mississippi. Incoming students, researchers, faculty, and staff should make plans to arrive at the Memphis International Airport (Airport Code MEM).

TEATH AND TALONS of the GOPHER.... ;-)
I meant closest to Ga Southern...

I thought you wanted the closest airport to Old Miss. Yes, Savannah International would be the closest to Statesboro Georgia. Why would you want to come to Ga. Southern in Statesboro???

I thought you wanted the closest airport to Old Miss. Yes, Savannah International would be the closest to Statesboro Georgia. Why would you want to come to Ga. Southern in Statesboro???
To watch the Gophers

Would take our AD Mark Coyle to schedule a home and home with Georgia Southern. Georgia is an important recruiting area for the Minnesota Gophers. Would be fun to renew playing again. Talon, Your stadium at GSU has some ideas the Gophers athletic department should steal for our stadium. Thanks for stopping by. Would be cool to have another series of games scheduled. I'll have to check on and watch GSU when I get a chance this fall.
Since you're a P5 Conference the Gophers would probably want 2 home games for 1 Southern home game. They would not have to be played 3 in a row. UGA was supposed to play Southern every 4 years, but when Georgia Southern took the University of Georgia into overtime & Georgia beat us they have never rescheduled the games with us.

THAT WAS THE LAST GOOD YEAR AS A D1 G5 TEAM! If Georgia had have played Southern 2 more times, as they were supposed to,UGA would have crushed us!

To watch the Gophers
If you want to drive from Savannah I may be able to work out something with Sweetness where I could pick you up in Savannah, and let you stay at my home until your drive to Ol' Miss. The bedroom has its own bathroom & TV.

OR

If you wanted to leave from Savannah. I could meat you there and we could have lunch or dinner.

If you want to drive from Savannah I may be able to work out something with Sweetness where I could pick you up in Savannah, and let you stay at my home until your drive to Ol' Miss. The bedroom has its own bathroom & TV.

OR

If you wanted to leave from Savannah. I could meat you there and we could have lunch or dinner.
I'm meaning going to Gophers vs Ga Southern game there. I think a lot of Gopherholers would think about having it be a roadtrip game.

I'm meaning going to Gophers vs Ga Southern game there. I think a lot of Gopherholers would think about having it be a road trip game.
OOPS

I'm Sorry, I was mixed up between the Gophers going to the Old Miss. game or a future GS game since you, at this time, don't have a game with Georgia Southern. I'm just crazy mistaken! I think you are thinking far off into the future, unless you know something I don't. With all the new teams, added I can see your AD with a head auk scheduling. Maybe not and you would have 1 or 2 open slots open. Still, if your AD and HC wanted a home and home there would be no better place to go than Savannah and Paulson Stadium for the game.

If I had a choice I would stay in Savannah. I wouldn't stay in downtown Savannah, because the rooms are more expensive. If you stay just outside Savannah proper. It's only 30 minutes from all the good spots near River Street. Most of the rooms in Statesboro are bought up by fans from Atlanta and there isn't really much to do in Statesboro.

I think the only way we could get a Gopher Game in Statesboro is If the fans on this board sent a lot of Email to your AD and HC.
SAVANNAH
River Street

Other Pictures

There are a lot more places to visit.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Things+to+See+in+Savannah+Historic+District&form=RESTAB&first=1
Like Forts?
Old Fort Jackson
1720147586843.png
Fort Plaski
1720147945993.png

Savannah is the host city.

Top Bottom