This May Be The Year

8 wins means we'd have to win at least two of: at TCU, at Michigan, vs Iowa, vs OSU, at Wisconsin, at Nebraska. I'm not sure that we'll be favored in any of those games. I can see a win somewhere in there, but I'm hard-pressed to find two.

Like I said before, I'd be ecstatic to have an 8+ win season, but I just can't see it.

I would be pretty disappointed if we did worse than 2-4 in those games. There may not be any one of those games I really like our chances in, but if we are not at a point where we can expect to steal a couple when we have six chances to do that, then our program is not where I thought it was.

I think we win 9 or 10 games not including the bowl game. We lose 2 or 3 of these games: TCU, Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin.
Nebraska will be a much better team then they were last year.

The reason for my optimism is that we are fielding a team with better athletes and also with a significant depth-of-experience. The coaches are all saying "better" this year. Of course, that is what you would expect out of typical coaches. The difference with this staff though is how they have managed expectations so far. When they say "better" I think they really believe it. November is tough, yes. But last years' loss to MSU was 14-3 at East Lansing and the Badger game was 20-7. Those were very good teams and we played them tough. Things are looking up!

Salutations!

I dropped by to see what the general zeitgeist is for my favorite D-1A team's upcoming season, and I see that the sweet, fragrant scent of national championships is in the air! Huzzah! Consider yourself lucky that you don't have the reigning Ivy League champion Tigers on your schedule, as I know how much trouble you've had against 1AA squads recently.

I've heard so much about your stadium, that I was planning on flying in for a game this season. But then I heard that it only seats 50,000 folks, so obviously it will be impossible to find a ticket and I made other plans where I can avoid usurious scalping fees. When is the expansion to 80,000 seats going to happen?

Anyhoo, good luck and I'll be rooting for you in the playoffs!

Cheers,
Archie

Oh, the coward got drunk and dusted off his bit for the upcoming season. Do you tell people you do this? "You guys should see what I have come up with. I mock Gopher fans by creating a character from the early 1900s, you know the last time they were relevant?" Or is this your little secret that helps you feel better about yourself? Whatever helps you from wrapping your lips around the barrel of a shotgun and pulling the trigger with your pinky toe.

Oh, the coward got drunk and dusted off his bit for the upcoming season. Do you tell people you do this? "You guys should see what I have come up with. I mock Gopher fans by creating a character from the early 1900s, you know the last time they were relevant?" Or is this your little secret that helps you feel better about yourself? Whatever helps you from wrapping your lips around the barrel of a shotgun and pulling the trigger with your pinky toe.

+1 Yup. Cheaper then a movie I guess.

I was able to capture this self-portait of Archibald whilst he was attending his sessions at the Badger Psychiatric Institute and Clinic.

douche.jpg

Yes, beating that stinking badger to finally end the madness will be the KEY to the 2014 season. I shudder to think what might happen if it gets away from my Golden Gophers in 2014. Those kids and their coaches need to bring that axe back to Minneapolis!

Ugh... I fear this is another sad case of education going to waste. The Throckmorton Sign is a medical eponym that describes when the penis points to the side of affected pathology on a radiograph (ie when a gentlman is "dressed left" on an xray with a left-sided femur fracture). Your poster has clearly dedicated themselves to some degree of post-graduate schooling. All that education, and such misguided use of it.

Ugh... I fear this is another sad case of education going to waste. The Throckmorton Sign is a medical eponym that describes when the penis points to the side of affected pathology on a radiograph (ie when a gentlman is "dressed left" on an xray with a left-sided femur fracture). Your poster has clearly dedicated themselves to some degree of post-graduate schooling. All that education, and such misguided use of it.

Speaking of pathology, around these parts, that condition is more commonly referred to as a: "killjoy rescooterization of minimum to maximum malfunction..." It was so-named by a somewhat tipsy Dr. Don who had been giving a great deal of thought to the version of the condition described to him as it exists in the state of iowa when Dr. Don was conversing with an iowa Gopher Fan after the game for the pig in 2013... While the good Dr. considered the possibility that the iowa Gopher fan may have actually been "just spoofin" him, he inadvertently noted that the possibly "spoofin" iowa Gopher Fan, himself was DRESSED RIGHT, proudly displaying Maroon & Gold, so he was LEFT with the impression that this was, indeed another case of the dreaded "killjoy rescooterization maximus malfunctioning" that was being described to him by the iowa Gopher fan. Once again, Dr. Don had inadvertently stumbled into a situation...and he KNEW right away there was some disturbing trouble in iowa.

Top Bottom