This is not on Webber

Adam Weber has never been a bonifide winner as a Gopher QB

No winning seasons and never a win against the rivals in trophy games. Weber has now been the QB for losses against NDSU and USD. This is a rough way to go out for a Senior QB and captain.
Confidence is at an all time low. There were groups of student's chanting "We hate the Gophers", not because they wanted to but because they were so angry and disappointed in what happened today. This HURT a lot to hear and really shook me. I'm not saying it was right, I would not do that, but these guy's are really going to have what little fan's we have left turn on them. I was really peeved they lost, but it hurt more to hear that than anything today. Gophers will be shunned and start to be ignored by the students, media and fans even more.

I heard a lot of folks say "Brewster sealed his fate today". That sound's a lot like inevitability and no turning back. like a lot of people said, President Bruinninks witnessed this game today that will be enough to make this a reality. This likely means he will never get a lot of fans back or especially the media in a short period of time. The media will be relentless in reinforcing this loss today, to Minnesota and fans that the Gophers stink. This sucks as the Gophers did not need this stigma. Sick thing is, with the Maturi gamble on this head coach we are right back to where we started when Wacker was fired and Mason was hired. Might as well turn back the clock because we are no better off with the Program now than we were in 1996 except we have a new "nice" stadium. Mason left the program in bad shape, but Brewster will not leave it much better off.

Webber and the O still had terrible decisions at the end of the game. Fumbles, 2 yards passes, the easy drops where the wr didn't even get hit. Oh ya Art going after spelling is as original as you stealing your handle from a tv show.

And everyone wonders why the gophers coverage around here isnt that great. They couldnt even beat the University of Freakin South Dakota!! Really? 41 pts? Last years defense wouldnt of allowed half the points. Kirksey said that last years defense was more sound, but this years is more physical and mean. Well maybe if Kirksey and everyone wasnt so cocky they could work on tackling. I guess meaness just doesn't tackle. His meanstreak got his one tackle. Whew watch out for that guy. Rallis is the only guy that seems like he could even hang with last years defense. Im probably talking out of anger, but i just dont want to see another '07 team. Losing to USD is a step in that direction. I wonder if how they will do against Matt Barkely if they couldn't stop a dude in his second career start and almost lost to a guy in his first career start.

And everyone wonders why the gophers coverage around here isnt that great. They couldnt even beat the University of Freakin South Dakota!! Really? 41 pts? Last years defense wouldnt of allowed half the points. Kirksey said that last years defense was more sound, but this years is more physical and mean. Well maybe if Kirksey and everyone wasnt so cocky they could work on tackling. I guess meaness just doesn't tackle. His meanstreak got his one tackle. Whew watch out for that guy. Rallis is the only guy that seems like he could even hang with last years defense. Im probably talking out of anger, but i just dont want to see another '07 team. Losing to USD is a step in that direction. I wonder if how they will do against Matt Barkely if they couldn't stop a dude in his second career start and almost lost to a guy in his first career start.

I vastly overestimated this team when I predicted 4 wins. They probably won't even get to that pathetic level. Led by a bad coach, and a horrid starting QB. That combination usually leads to a lot of losses.

we should easily have put down 55 points...I will say it wasn't all Weber, it's just he could've been a hell of a lot better today

Call different plays on 4th and short and we would have put up 50+ today. Playcalling is not on Weber.

I missed the second 4th down misfire, but on the first one, Weber didn't pick up on a wide open Lair over the middle. I've got nothing against Weber. Great kid. But he simply can't make solid reads.

But the loss isn't on him. The defense was terrible.

I'd also argue that 5th year senior qb's are supposed to will their team to victory. He didn't do that.

Give me a break.. 38 points is good enough, even with the TOs and overthrows.

Give me a break.. 38 points is good enough, even with the TOs and overthrows.

Didn't seem good enough today. Did we have the ball with a chance to take the lead in the 4th? Did our QB will us to win? I didn't say he was the worst player on the field, because he wasn't. But he didn't come through when stars are made. No worries, I was pretty confident he wouldn't be able.

Top Bottom