Things you would like to see go away at TCF

Pathetic little people

Gopher fans who get offended when I cheer, "Eat 'em up. Beat 'em up. Shove it up their end zone." It is a long time cheer.

Same with, "Eat up their guts. Spit out their bones. Go Gophers!"

No popcorn wagon!

Is the only word to describe the first down cheer. Come on! This is a Big Ten school! The Jackrabbits and Coyotes fans were laughing at it, let alone USC fans.

I am a casual fan who bought season tickets (and renewed them) because of the stadium. It is a great family experience and at times it is a spine tingling place that exemplifies why college football is a fantasically entertaining sport. I have seen games at many stadiums around the country but I have heard anything as cringeworthy as the first down cheer. Small time doesn't begin to describe it.

Hoping the stadium eventually gets the team it deserves...

Not that I'm a fan of the first down cheer....But why would you care what some joker from the Dakota's says about The U? I have three words for you...act as if...

I'm fine with the first down cheer..

All canned music has to go. The band starts to play and then some D.B. in the booth starts blasting the exact same AC/DC guitar riff played in every other stadium in America. Anybody who shows up at the game wearing anything other than School colors needs to go too. Act like you've been to a game before and actually dress for it.

Both are disorganized, disjoineted messes that lack focus, fans and central gathering place full of enthusiasm.
I'm not saying that the idea of both is bad, just dislike how they are organized and currently run.
These both lack good coordination and do not put on a good show for recruits. If your going to do one of these you have to have someting that will impress both the recruits the team and energize the fans. None of what we currently do does any of that.

Kind of like how Brewster "coaches" football?

I'd really like to see them stop adding athletes to the Gopher HOF that are long dead and seeing the great grand kids on the field waving at us. If there is a member of the 1908 football team that isn't in and has passed away, then maybe we should just leave it that way. It was really moving to see Bud Grant at TCF crying on opening night. It would not be real moving to see his Neice 3rd removed accept some award for him in 20 years.

the PA guy needs to go.

the first down cheer needs to go.

the incessant ads need to go.

brewster and maturi should be givens

You don't really get college football do you?

i came to watch the gopher band perform at halftime.

and tell me you actually head SDSU? HA

i get it if you want to have a legit battle of the bands ala us vs wisky ( which we would lose every time btw. not even close) but to bring in bands for no other reason than our band couldnt come up with anything new (glee night? cmon they needed an excuse to use old songs) is just dumb.

First down cheer I am heavily involved in. It stays.

Now, the ads that take up half of the 2nd biggest screen in college football need to go.

Zombie Nation needs to go.. In fact, they need to get rid of almost every 'NFL music' clips that are played except for one, and only play that one after the 3rd quarter (a la "Jump Around" in Mad-town). Something that the students select. Otherwise, let the band get the crowd revved up.

Home losses need to go as well.

Livin' On A Prayer

How about stopping the band from playing Livin' On A Prayer. Although I guess the song fits right now. Well maybe in the future.

I've said this before, but a compromise on the 1st down cheer would be to not say it unless we had momentum, were bunching first downs, the fans were into it etc. When the game was over and 20 people were left in the stadium, it's a complete embarrassment. Tell that PA guy to use his brain.

I'd really like to see them stop adding athletes to the Gopher HOF that are long dead and seeing the great grand kids on the field waving at us. If there is a member of the 1908 football team that isn't in and has passed away, then maybe we should just leave it that way. It was really moving to see Bud Grant at TCF crying on opening night. It would not be real moving to see his Neice 3rd removed accept some award for him in 20 years.

Great post! What college football really needs to do is to ignore the history and heritage of it's existence. How dare the U honor one of the greatest players to ever touch the field. The only problem is that the U doesn't honor these players every year, if not every game.

You are a tool.

i came to watch the gopher band perform at halftime.

and tell me you actually head SDSU? HA

i get it if you want to have a legit battle of the bands ala us vs wisky ( which we would lose every time btw. not even close) but to bring in bands for no other reason than our band couldnt come up with anything new (glee night? cmon they needed an excuse to use old songs) is just dumb.

Yes...I head SDSU. You might be the worst poster ever. Do you ever read what you post before you hit "Submit Reply".

The alcohol ban. It's only humane.

Maybe just a temporary ban. You know, until we get Mason back and book our return to the Insight Bowl.

I'm with everyone on that bandwagon too. I was at the first game in the dome when they trotted that out, and our group just looked at each other and started laughing. We thought it would die out quickly. Sadly, it is still with us.

I didn't realize it started at the dome. Any tradition that started at the dome should have been left there. We should pretend like it never existed.

One thing I would not want to get rid of is the national anthem sung only by the fans as it was at tonights game. It was quite beautiful. I usually don't sing, but did tonight. Maybe it was the night game setting. It was very moving.

I've said this before, but a compromise on the 1st down cheer would be to not say it unless we had momentum, were bunching first downs, the fans were into it etc. When the game was over and 20 people were left in the stadium, it's a complete embarrassment. Tell that PA guy to use his brain.

Smart post. How about never say it until the second earned first down of a drive (and each thereafter). And don't say it when were down and don't have enough time to come back.

for those who stayed...

weber threw that horrible interception at the end on the stupid shuffle pass - which essentially sealed the loss but somehow he got roughed by the defender so instead of the game ending pick it was a 15 yard personal foul and....."ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER.... FIRST DOWN". When that knucklehead PA announcer did that I almost went onto to the field to fire Brewster myself. That needs to go - plus we need beer - or at least access to a bar - open up the Dariy Queen room as a bar - it was built to be a bar - jeeeze how much more painful does that new stadium need to get - it is just a painful experience right now

I didn't realize it started at the dome. Any tradition that started at the dome should have been left there. We should pretend like it never existed.

One thing I would not want to get rid of is the national anthem sung only by the fans as it was at tonights game. It was quite beautiful. I usually don't sing, but did tonight. Maybe it was the night game setting. It was very moving.

I agree, it was sad for some reason.

I just want to see Brewster and Maturi leave TCF and never come back

Yes...I head SDSU. You might be the worst poster ever. Do you ever read what you post before you hit "Submit Reply".

+1 The band was the only part of last night that didn't make me want to throw up. It's not easy having to stay in the stadium with energy in recent years with performances Brewster has put out on the field.

The PA announcing style.
Inappropriate and embarrassing on so many levels. It's time to let Jules Perlt rest in peace.

Things I would like to see go away at TCF

Concession stands that continue to run out of food and beverages BEFORE half-time. Yep, it happened again last night!

Top Bottom