Things you would like to see go away at TCF

loki

Reaction score
I only have one...."thats another GG first down." First, It sucks because it is dumb and second, every team uses it against us when they start getting more first downs than us. Please lets not do it anymore.....just like the wave it has gotten old and useless. Your thoughts?

I only have one...."thats another GG first down." First, It sucks because it is dumb and second, every team uses it against us when they start getting more first downs than us. Please lets not do it anymore.....just like the wave it has gotten old and useless. Your thoughts?

I hate that cheer. Getting a first down is akin to not going to jail. Congratulations, you did what you're supposed to do at a bare minimum.

I think the players are taking care of eliminating that for themselves. No 1st downs = no more cheer

I'm with everyone on that bandwagon too. I was at the first game in the dome when they trotted that out, and our group just looked at each other and started laughing. We thought it would die out quickly. Sadly, it is still with us.

I am with you loki

It sounds high schoolish. I shouldnt slam high school like that.

First down cheer, people giving up tickets to rival fans (or locals who cheer for rivals), rival bands, empty trophy cases, Brewster.

One thing I'd like to get rid of is people who want to get rid of the first down cheer.

Listening to the first down cheer (and the USC fans laughing) on that final drive last Saturday. It was humiliating.

any reminder of the Jedd Fisch era

First down cheer - I liked it better in the 30's when it was 'That's another Golden Gophers' national championship!'. I'd be ok with bringing that back.
Rah at the end of the Rouser
Ad with the guy who says it's time to get energized
Alcohol ban in the suites
Adding machines at the food stands

that's my list in order of preference. All in all a pretty short list.

Dave Lee......By the way he calls the game there is no need for him to be there.

The #1 thing I'd like to get rid of... "fans" who boo their own team.

(#2 would be people who leave while the outcome of the game is still in question)

A

Yes, yes, yes, and YES.

The 'let's get energized' thing is incredibly pitiful. The ad person that came up with that HAS to be an Iowa or Sconi grad and doubles over laughing every time it is shown.

wait, the energized guy is supposed to be serious? i always thought that was a joke

and yes, its really really pitiful that we celebrate 1st downs. its great to cheer for them, but to have a special cheer for every one is just freaking embarassing. it needs to go.

also inviting other bands.

First down cheer - I liked it better in the 30's when it was 'That's another Golden Gophers' national championship!'. I'd be ok with bringing that back.
Rah at the end of the Rouser
Alcohol ban in the suites
Adding machines at the food stands

that's my list in order of preference. All in all a pretty short list.

How many National Championships did we win in the 30's?

1. The "Rah" at the end of The Rouser by the PA guy. Honestly, what up wit dat?
2. The first down cheer.
3. Fans who leave the game when the outcome is still in question.
4. Losing to anyone ever again.

band pre-game show and victory walk as they happen now

Both are disorganized, disjoineted messes that lack focus, fans and central gathering place full of enthusiasm.
I'm not saying that the idea of both is bad, just dislike how they are organized and currently run.
These both lack good coordination and do not put on a good show for recruits. If your going to do one of these you have to have someting that will impress both the recruits the team and energize the fans. None of what we currently do does any of that.

I like the first down cheer. It kept a lot of fans from falling asleep during the 8:00 drive, heavy run offense Glen Mason era.

Embarrassing

Is the only word to describe the first down cheer. Come on! This is a Big Ten school! The Jackrabbits and Coyotes fans were laughing at it, let alone USC fans.

I am a casual fan who bought season tickets (and renewed them) because of the stadium. It is a great family experience and at times it is a spine tingling place that exemplifies why college football is a fantasically entertaining sport. I have seen games at many stadiums around the country but I have heard anything as cringeworthy as the first down cheer. Small time doesn't begin to describe it.

Hoping the stadium eventually gets the team it deserves...

I like the first down cheer. It kept a lot of fans from falling asleep during the 8:00 drive, heavy run offense Glen Mason era.

People were falling asleep when we were setting Big Ten offense records?

Is the only word to describe the first down cheer. Come on! This is a Big Ten school! The Jackrabbits and Coyotes fans were laughing at it, let alone USC fans.

I am a casual fan who bought season tickets (and renewed them) because of the stadium. It is a great family experience and at times it is a spine tingling place that exemplifies why college football is a fantasically entertaining sport. I have seen games at many stadiums around the country but I have heard anything as cringeworthy as the first down cheer. Small time doesn't begin to describe it.

Hoping the stadium eventually gets the team it deserves...

Agree. I took my broher to his first game two weeks ago. His response to the first down cheer? "How hokey is that?"

The first down cheer is called tradition. Opponents who are laughing at it are just smack talking. Those who dislike the cheer because the opponents don't like it have simply been suckered. Opponents aren't going to like your traditions. Michigan has a tradition of jumping up and touching the banner. To everyone else, it's lame. But it's not lame to Michigan fans, and that's all that matters.

The first down cheer is something that actually gets the fans involved. Oppose the cheer if you want, but it's not going away, you're overwhelmingly outnumbered.

I'm with you on the "another Gopher first down!" Strictly bush league. In fact, there is too much gab from the announcer throughout and too much electronic noise, especially the de facto commercials. Play the game...lines still too long for food service, also.

I would get rid of that nasty

ghetto trash music before kickoff and the lame games on the field. Music pumped in on 3rd down is also not cool. More songs by the band and actually having organized cheers would be great.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Top Bottom