TheGopherGuys: Athan starting vs Iowa

You definitely seem like an actual Gopher fan. You hitting Mall of America while you're up from Iowa?
Wisconsin me boy. Like the badgers and the gophers. I’ll be picking the gophers on the road next weekend. We can be fans and still be objective.

It feels like Athan is at least keeping the door cracked open for Jacob Knuth to compete for the QB spot next year. Or dare I say, perhaps a transfer portal QB?

I like AK8. I know he is just a Freshman, but wow, he sure doesn’t have the appearance of someone that is going to blow up.

I like AK8. I know he is just a Freshman, but wow, he sure doesn’t have the appearance of someone that is going to blow up.
The kid is gonna be great I think, but I do hope there’s open competition between eight and nine next spring. After more than a decade in quarterback abyss (sans 2019) I think the future is bright. PJ has sent eight out to play with one arm tied behind his back. I actually feel for the kid.

The kid is gonna be great I think, but I do hope there’s open competition between eight and nine next spring. After more than a decade in quarterback abyss (sans 2019) I think the future is bright. PJ has sent eight out to play with one arm tied behind his back. I actually feel for the kid.
I don’t disagree. All I will say is that I don’t see AK8 doing anything to take over, elevate himself, or take advantage of this opportunity. I’m by no means writing him off.

It feels like Athan is at least keeping the door cracked open for Jacob Knuth to compete for the QB spot next year. Or dare I say, perhaps a transfer portal QB?
Yes, transfers are increasingly possible. For Kaliakmanis, too.

I think we throw more next year - Mo is the Goat, so it’s natural to use him as much as Fleck did.

Top Bottom