The wet blanket

Those were two great drives for sure - loved them!! My favorite was that miracle drive vs. Georgia Southern. I thought for sure that one was going in the L column. What was it -- like 3rd and 35 from our own 5 yard line with time running out!!! Then 2 big passes to pick it up and the miracle TD pass to Autman-Bell which I thought was out of bounds! Sensational drive for sure!!

You're confusing Fresno/GSU. GSU was great catch by TJ who was also interferred with.

CAB miracle was vs Fresno

at 3rd and 35 I figured it was. I said something to the effect "Just fucking RUTM again, make this loss complete"

Glad they didn't listen to me :)

Actually he represented what you posted accurately.

How is this, my post, the same as that, his post?

Mine:

"9-3 I predicted due to the number of quality players coming back, the very small number of starters debarting and how those guys had performed so well in last month of the previous season. This coming year I have clearly and sensibly predicted that given that many, many guys (seven out of eleven was my prediction) on our D are not coming back that we might get off to a slower start on D in the early games of the year. Nothing alarming except to those without experience with losing that many starters. I thought the OP was entirely correct in his openning comments."

His:

"You keep acting like this call you made of 7 new starters on defense next year was something nobody saw coming. 6 of those guys were seniors so they were 100% gone meaning every single person knew it. As for Winfield, once the high round draft grades started coming in it was assumed by most that he would go to the NFL. So this idea that you somehow predicted anything in regards to the defense for next year is a joke, stop patting yourself on the back for something everyone saw coming.

So when the defense falters the way you hope it does early, how many games does it cost us? You have already decided there is no way the new players can possibly do better then the old ones so use your prognostication skills to tell us what the record will end up being next year."

Are those two statements "accurately the same"? Of course not. Nothing is the same. But, I learned a long time ago, you can't teach stupid.

You're confusing Fresno/GSU. GSU was great catch by TJ who was also interferred with.

CAB miracle was vs Fresno

at 3rd and 35 I figured it was. I said something to the effect "Just fucking RUTM again, make this loss complete"

Glad they didn't listen to me :)

I always think of myself as the mildly wet blanket kinda fan... but I don't know why but I felt like we absolutely could pull off the 3rd and 35.

Late 2018 there were just so many playmaker makes plays type stuff late in the season ... like I just believed.

What is funny is then I really doubted we could beat Auburn and then by the half ... I kinda was really sure we would win it.

PJ and Co. have really washed a lot of the "oh no not again" out of me.

Granted, I'm still a nervous wreck all season long...

Luck seems to be one of the few intangibles that tends to even out. Yes, it can be influenced by coaching and training (regarding injuries) but still it is there and it will have an impact.

The Gopher's overall depth has improved each year with many of the 2nd-3rd on the chart players playing at least often enough to have a good idea of how to play the position effectively. The Gophers are still a pretty young team.

I agree with the OP that 2019 was a very "lucky" year and expectations for next year will likely Big Ten champ or bust.

I feel the Gophers will be in the conference title mix for at least the next several years, but consistent 11-2 seasons? Not likely. I would predict the next five seasons (in no chronological order) to be 11-2, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3, 9-4 with at least two division championships (I am not ready to suggest conference championships yet).

At least the Gophers will be fun to watch. I also predict two visits by College Game Day over the next five years.

I'm talking about the last 2Min. - 30 sec. in the Gopher Bowl game.

Top Bottom