The Scalping Market

GVBadger

Reaction score
2 years ago I got 4 on the 50 for the Badgers at the Dome for $60 each.

This year, with the new Stadium and 14,000 less seats, I had to pay $200 each for 4 on the 50.

The new stadium has certainly accomplished the goal of creating a demand for the tickets. I am really looking forward to seeing the new stadium. Anyone have an extra parking pass they are not using?

I probably could have waited to see what way the market went, but did not want to get stuck without the tickets I wanted.

The most I have paid at Camp Randall is $270 a ticket, but that game was for the Big Ten title.

I've never paid full price to see a game at Camp Randell. I went to the Iowa-Wisconsin night game a few years ago...paid $40 for a $60 ticket. Paid the same amount for a Gopher game down there. It's not hard to get a ticket to a Whisky home game.

The MSU game isn't even sold out this weekend.

This year, with the new Stadium and 14,000 less seats, I had to pay $200 each for 4 on the 50.

The new stadium has certainly accomplished the goal of creating a demand for the tickets. I am really looking forward to seeing the new stadium. Anyone have an extra parking pass they are not using?

I probably could have waited to see what way the market went, but did not want to get stuck without the tickets I wanted.

The most I have paid at Camp Randall is $270 a ticket, but that game was for the Big Ten title.

There is also a contribution required now so the effective ticket price is more. At the 50 you are looking at either $250 or $500 for 7 tickets ($36 or $71 each). Which makes the effective face value of each ticket either $96 or $131. $200 is probably not that unreasonable.

Glad you will be there GVBADger. I will enjoy watching the BADger get stomped. Hope the $800 was well spent watching a butt belimic team go down in flames.:clap::clap::clap:

ahhmmmm...I spent $320 total for 4 tickets on the 50 yard line at Camp Randall last year....row 40 I believe. I also got a parking pass for a spot across the street from the stadium thrown in with the deal. Blowhard GFY

why do you post here

2 friends of mine bought 2, 50 yard line seats, on the aisle, half-way up, lower deck, of the visitors side for the Cal game for $50/ticket last week. They bought them from a guy they ran into as they walked down frat row to the stadium. I was shocked....

2 friends of mine bought 2, 50 yard line seats, on the aisle, half-way up, lower deck, of the visitors side for the Cal game for $50/ticket last week. They bought them from a guy they ran into as they walked down frat row to the stadium. I was shocked....

Why is it that almost every "questionable" post like this one is by someone with less 20 posts? Makes me wish I had to pay for this site to get the trolls out.

why do you post here

Because I used to be a Gophers fan. Because they are almost impossible not to follow if you live in the Twin Cities and follow sports. Because I like to interact with nice people like you.

ahhmmmm...I spent $320 total for 4 tickets on the 50 yard line at Camp Randall last year....row 40 I believe. I also got a parking pass for a spot across the street from the stadium thrown in with the deal. Blowhard GFY

That does not shock me at all. I have only had to pay a lot at Camp Randall for big games.

I am very impressed by the strength at the high end of the ticket market for this game. It is going to be a great atmosphere.

Glad you will be there GVBADger. I will enjoy watching the BADger get stomped. Hope the $800 was well spent watching a butt belimic team go down in flames.:clap::clap::clap:

That would be quite a sight. It has not happened often in the last 14 years, so if it happens on October 3rd, I hope you enjoy it.

why do you post here

Some of us actually don't mind perspectives from our rivals. Ease up.

I like that he posted info on the scalping market @ MN vs. other B10 schools showing that we actually have less out on the market. Ticket demand is new to us so data from other "in demand" schools is nice to see.

Not getting soft of Becky, just tired of wading through crap posts that add nothing but insults to the conversation. Lakesbison, pantherhawk and their ilk deserve it. Most others don't.

Because I used to be a Gophers fan. Because they are almost impossible not to follow if you live in the Twin Cities and follow sports. Because I like to interact with nice people like you.

Used to be a Gophers fan? But aren't now?

Leave then. Honestly, no one wants you here. You can keep on following the Gophers, but that doesn't mean you need to bother us you tool.

1. If fans of our rivals post here and are civil we should welcome them.
2. The demand for tickets outside the stadium for the Cal game was very weak. Charlie Walters touched on this and I can attest to it personally. Had 2 extra's on the side of the goalline I was trying to get rid of. Had very few people interested and had to accept far less than face value.

I am a gopher fan. Graduate of the U of M. 14 year season ticket holder. 4 seats on the 40 yard line, lower level, 6th row. I read this every day, but choose not to post often. Just found it interesting that those tickets went for so cheap.

I wonder if it is just the perception that there aren't tickets available or they go for $100+ each. That would probably tend to scare off most

LOL!

Used to be a Gophers fan? But aren't now?

Leave then. Honestly, no one wants you here. You can keep on following the Gophers, but that doesn't mean you need to bother us you tool.

I think I will stay. Thanks for permission to follow the Gophers though. I appreciate it.

what is it about a badger fan "who used to be a gopher fan" (lah-dee-dah, by the way) buying tickets to the gopher-wisconsin game that makes it worthy of being posted on this board.

just look at the guy's post history to see the contribution he has made.

threads like the "pig red machine" would go away without this guy keeping them going with his punky this, punky that spiel.

then there is a thread about where he is going to sit, in which he gets in another argument with gopher fans. and finally this thread, which he meant as nothing more than a backhanded compliment.

but hey, stick around with your "used to be a gopher fan" contributions to the board.

I kind of like GVBadger here. He/she will be fun to interact with as the Badgers sink into oblivion and the Gophers rise up out of the ashes.

I kind of like GVBadger here. He/she will be fun to interact with as the Badgers sink into oblivion and the Gophers rise up out of the ashes.

It's fun to keep reminding her of Wisconsin's downward spiral, but how much does your life suck if you devote the amount of time she has to being nothing more than a metaphorical burr under the collective saddle of this website?

Seriously. It's pathetic.

just look at the guy's post history to see the contribution he has made.

threads like the "pig red machine" would go away without this guy keeping them going with his punky this, punky that spiel.

then there is a thread about where he is going to sit, in which he gets in another argument with gopher fans. and finally this thread, which he meant as nothing more than a backhanded compliment.

but hey, stick around with your "used to be a gopher fan" contributions to the board.

Here is a clue for you. Don't read my posts.

Top Bottom