The reason we lost

After watching both Iowa an Bucky play we have no chance unless our offensive line improves 100% and our in game coaching q1000%.

They only played half a game?
They had half a game of offensive success against Illinois State, not willing to declare they’re now much improved on offense. But as others have said, it wouldn’t take much.

After watching both Iowa an Bucky play we have no chance unless our offensive line improves 100% and our in game coaching q1000%.
Bucky and Iowa did not play teams anywhere close to the talent of North Carolina. Having said that, Iowa's offense is better. Wisconsin didn't impress me.

What is sort of funny is that Ryan Burns is trying hard to convince his followers that the loss is on the defense and special teams and the offense did fine. The bad red zone offense is on PJ and not Harbaugh. He and Harbaugh have become buddy buddy with each other.

Murray - with all due respect, the OL play was a factor in the game.

but the first six items you list were also contributing factors to some extent.

a good football team is like a jigsaw puzzle - all of the pieces have to fit together. offense - defense - special teams.

in my book, if you are looking for one reason why the Gophers lost - the returning B1G kicker of the year missed a short field goal and then missed on a potential game-winning kick.

despite all of the other issues on offense and defense, if the kicker makes those two kicks, the Gophers win the game.

if the Gophers had played better in other aspects of the game, it would not have come down to the kicker. but it did - and he didn't.
Fully agree with both statements. As I have been harping on lately, our margin for error is just too small to overcome multiple mistakes vs. a solid opponent.

It wasn't because of the play calling.

It wasn't because of poor QB play.

It wasn't because we play too conservative.

It wasn't because our WRs are subpar.

It wasn't because of coaching decisions, or game/time management.

It wasn't because Taylor didn't play.

========

We lost this game because North Carolina's defensive front outplayed our offensive line.

That's why the Gopher offense looked out of synch. When the player with the ball in his hands (QB or RB) has no chance because he is being swarmed upon, your offense has no chance.

I believe this problem will be fixed, because the Gophers have good players and good coaching on the offensive line.

Onward!
We have a bunch of kids that have been waiting their turn on the OL and I just can’t imagine that they are not better than 77 and 71. 77 in particular earned some bench time off his effort last week.

Top Bottom