The problem with PJ

If you ask anyone in the country, outside of Minnesota, who is a better coach between Fleck and Fickell, 95% are going to pick the guy with the extra vowel in his name.
Could Fickell have done what Fleck did at WMU?

Minnesota has played close to their ceiling while the others have underperformed. In particular, Wisconsin made the move that gives them at least a chance to position themselves to be competitive when the league expands. I don’t see the ceiling moving for the Gophers under PJ, and maybe that’s fine for this program at this point in time with the hand they’ve been dealt.
How is our ceiling any different than Wisconsin’s at this point?

So what's the second threat?
He was rated that out of HS. Wouldn't take much to improve on Croft. Fleck ran one of the most vanilla, conservative offense I've ever seen that year. Ran 70% on the time. Easily could have run a similar read option offense to what Kill/Claeys ran and most likely would have won two more games. You know what a read option offense is, right?

He was rated that out of HS. Wouldn't take much to improve on Croft. Fleck ran one of the most vanilla, conservative offense I've ever seen that year. Ran 70% on the time. Easily could have run a similar read option offense to what Kill/Claeys ran and most likely would have won two more games. You know what a read option offense is, right?
An offense based on zone read would still require a QB who can throw the ball in order to be effective.

Jesus give it up with Seth Green. If only every other college head coach recognized the missed opportunities of winning so many games with Seth Green running the read option.

Even at Houston. Totally could have gone 14-0 instead of 12-2 if they would have had Seth Green run the read option instead of playing TE.

An offense based on zone read would still require a QB who can throw the ball in order to be effective.
They ran the ball 70%. The read is to hand off or keep and run. I would take Green in that offense over Croft every time. It also would be a better transition offense to the RPO as well. The team was set up to run it already. Fleck chose to go ultra conservative.

Jesus give it up with Seth Green. If only every other college head coach recognized the missed opportunities of winning so many games with Seth Green running the read option.

Even at Houston. Totally could have gone 14-0 instead of 12-2 if they would have had Seth Green run the read option instead of playing TE.
woody-toystory.gif
Please, stop, I'm getting a side ache.

Yes, I watched it for years.

They ran the ball 70%. The read is to hand off or keep and run. I would take Green in that offense over Croft every time. It also would be a better transition offense to the RPO as well. The team was set up to run it already. Fleck chose to go ultra conservative.
Who cares? 2017 was going to be garbage year regardless. Why do people still bring it up?

Good Lord

Back to the OP:

The problem with PJ is that this team is having a somewhat down year, 1 more loss than people truly expected at this point, and we’re acting like there is no possible future.

Ask me after the season if I think there is a “problem” with PJ.

View attachment 27661
Please, stop, I'm getting a side ache.

You're giving everyone a headache with your complete stupidity, as usual. You continue to dig your heels in on some of the dumbest takes this board has ever seen, which is saying something.

There are plenty of legitimate things to complain about with PJ and the offense.

Running the read option with Seth Green 7 years ago has nothing to do with any of it. Get over it.

From a few years back, but Les Miles when he was at LSU would fit the bill, I think. He'd call up a fake field goal or whatever kinda thing, take chances a lot.
And he has been fired from two schools for underperforming

Top Bottom