The Only Thing We Can Do

Living vicariously through any sports team, college, pro or otherwise, is a recipe for a lot of disappointment in one's life. I used to get that way, too, until I realized the insanity of it. For some folks, however, it seems like that is all they have or all they know. Life must be one heckuva roller coaster for them.
Ages ago I was at a Vikings game at the dome.

Vikings were doing their typical playoff game of looking good enough but dorking up inexplicably.

We were sitting right below the Wilf's booth that in the dome were hella close to the fans.

After some inexplicable plays a guy a few rows down from me decided to stand up and just keep standing ... and staring angrily into the Wilf's booth. He just didn't stop or move.... just stood there staring at the Wilfs... like they were supposed to pickup that fumble and run it in or something...

Eventually security came down and was smart enough to ask folks around the strange angry guy if anyone knew him. His buddies spoke up and convinced angry staring guy to leave.

I couldn't help but think "Who expends that kinda energy on the owners of a sports team like that?" Gotta find something better to do ...

Ages ago I was at a Vikings game at the dome.

Vikings were doing their typical playoff game of looking good enough but dorking up inexplicably.

We were sitting right below the Wilf's booth that in the dome were hella close to the fans.

After some inexplicable plays a guy a few rows down from me decided to stand up and just keep standing ... and staring angrily into the Wilf's booth. He just didn't stop or move.... just stood there staring at the Wilfs... like they were supposed to pickup that fumble and run it in or something...

Eventually security came down and was smart enough to ask folks around the strange angry guy if anyone knew him. His buddies spoke up and convinced angry staring guy to leave.

I couldn't help but think "Who expends that kinda energy on the owners of a sports team like that?" Gotta find something better to do ...

Says guy with 18k posts on a college sports board. You can't make it up.

Top Bottom