The NFL Is Seriously Concerned With Empty Stadiums

Millennials are just a group of people. They don't all think and act the same way. There's still a much larger group of people outside of millennials that could support these businesses. Anyone over 35 is not a millennial, but they're not showing up anymore either.

Business's blaming their problems on one group of people is just an excuse and failure to recognize their issues. Millennials aren't the only ones not showing up to NFL games, just like they are not the only ones not eating sh!tty overpriced food, and ordering from Amazon.

My gripe is that nearly daily now you see a new article about how millennials killed a business. No, their sh!tty, outdated, poor product, and poor leadership killed the business, and a new business took their spot. That's the way it has always worked, it's not just millennials killing things.

I see this all the time too, and I think it's just media looking for a story and drama, rather than businesses "blaming" millenials. If you can find a quote from an Applebees or BWW exec blaming, I will retract.

It might be a fact that they are struggling to attract those groups.

this is pretty nuts
http://mashable.com/2017/07/31/things-millennials-have-killed/#yDOIc5EQpZqi

SFGate: 49ers-Rams tickets reselling for the price of two stadium pretzels

Thursday night's Rams-49ers game may be the toughest sell in the history of Levi's Stadium.

As of Wednesday, resale tickets were being offered on StubHub for as low as $14 to see the team host the Los Angeles Rams at 7 p.m. That price is just cheaper than buying a pair of $7.50 pretzels through the Levi's Stadium app and comparable to the price of a beer and a hot dog at the the three-year-old arena. According to the team's seat licensing map, the cheapest original face value for any seat is $85.

Ticket sale aggregator TicketIQ listed a slightly higher minimum price from their partners at $17, still a bargain compared to all previous games at the stadium.

"The current get-in price of $17 is the Niners' cheapest game this season with an average asking price of $88 — also the cheapest of the season. The average ticket price across all remaining home games for them is $179," says Ralph Garcia of TicketIQ, who says the team has seen the average list price decline 32 percent since the stadium opened in 2014, according to their internal numbers. "This is, however, the 49ers' cheapest home game since the move to Levi's. The previous low was Dec. 11, 2016 vs. the Jets."

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/articl...urce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#photo-8628180

Skol Vikes!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Skol Vikes!!

I caught the end of the game last night and it was actually pretty entertaining.

Pride cometh before the fall.
My theory is that two things have impacted the prospects of the NFL: the concussion narrative and politics. The concussion narrative has negatively impacted women's and parents' affinity for football, and with that, their kids. And, politics is infecting pretty much everything since 9/11 and has continued to gain momentum, especially in the last 10 years.

Wow, getting pretty desperate to got back to older issues with complicating subjects, which was a significant portion of the subject I was talking about, like the declining participation b/c of the concussion narrative.

The Decline Of Football Is Real And It’s Accelerating​

In 2014 former Kansas City Chief Michael Oriard asked, “is football dying?” At the time, it might have seemed like a ridiculous question. After all, the previous fall, National Football League games occupied the top 34 of 35 most-watched television programs. Attendance at college football games had just hit an all-time high, reaching more than 44 million attendees, and more than 2.2 million boys from 6 years old through high school were playing the game.

But little did we know at the time, Oriard had accurately identified peak football. Despite the continued popularity of the National Football League (NFL) in the United States, more broadly gridiron football is in an era of rapid decline, and evidence suggests that the decline is accelerating. Here I’ll show you the data that makes these conclusions inescapable...

Regarding the politics, it’s way too early to evaluate the future success or failure of social justices messaging within pro sports. There mega-deals are made over long periods of time, like over 10 years plus. Pro leagues adjust to results. If fans tune out in large numbers again, like they did in 2017, over wokeness and social justice demonstrations, leagues and players themselves will adjust b/c it would be stupid not to.

If your theory is that they will continue to overtly promote social justice while alienating some significant segment of their audience, I will say that you’re wrong in the long term. I think the NFL is attempting to do their social justice more subtly, like with community service commercials, donations, etc., but NOT by promoting players kneeling for the national anthem. If they promote kneeling, they will pay dearly.

If your theory is that b/c money is contracted for, assures success, you aren’t paying attention to the mixed results of paying big time athletes. Tom Brady is making substantially less than Patrick Mahomes. Big dollars doesn’t assure success. Big dollars, or a loss thereof, will results in leagues like the NFL adjusting to consumer response in order to keep those big dollars flowing.

It's been rumored for a couple months that the new TV deals were going to be absolutely massive. Probably one of the reasons Jerruh Jones ponied up that massive money for Dak; he's in the group that knew what the numbers were going to look like before they became public. Good for the NFL. Needless to say, it's probably not a coincidence that when many of the other leagues were doing various things during their seasons, the NFL was largely quiet and uneventful for the entire duration of their season.

The big TV deals are good for everyone involved, even the fans. After a reduction in the salary cap for 2021, I've heard the cap could go up as much as $40M for the 2022 season. Everybody wins. Unsurprisingly, the NFL will remain the king standing above all the other leagues for the foreseeable future without a doubt.

Top Bottom