The Nebraska Huskers president just gave a major update on the Big Ten Conference .

Iceland12

Reaction score
"While reports have claimed that the Big Ten is set to hold a revote Friday for the fall 2020 college football season, Nebraska president Ted Carter said that is simply not the case. In an audio clip published on Twitter by Kaleb Henry of 1400 AM KLIN in Lincoln, Nebraska, Carter — at a panel discussion Friday morning — disputed the notion that a conference revote was scheduled.

"And if you are having a bad day, just think about how busy Ronnie Green is these days, dealing with the Big Ten and college football," Carter said of Green, a chancellor, who was in the same room. "And I just want to say that, for all the things you're reading out there, just know that there's no council of presidents and chancellors meetings today because Ronnie's here. So the information and disinformation campaign — what's going to be happening in college football, I'll tell you right now, is being led by the conversations that are coming out of here in the state of Nebraska."

We knew Yacht-boy was full of it!

I can't believe NE is spreading fake news! Of course Yacht guy is telling the truth.

It's been confirmed. NE is not in the meeting due to the fact they are being kicked out of the Big 10.

It is now bordering on pathetic how the university and sports writers in NE have dealt with the BIG not playing football this fall.
It is if a plague of locusts had stripped all the farm fields in the state.

At least someone is willing to call out what's really going on. Good for them.

Ogee, you know "what is going on".
It is clear the BIG university presidents got together and because they hate football and all fall sports and specially do not like you voted 11/3 to take a hundred million dollar hit just to make you suffer.
The three presidents who voted no do like you and are very sorry your life has been ruined.

It is clear the BIG university presidents got together and because they hate football and all fall sports and specially do not like you voted 11/3 to take a hundred million dollar hit just to make you suffer.
The three presidents who voted no do like you and are very sorry your life has been ruined.
He truly hates higher education. Has called for it to be completely defunded by the government, in the OTB. Did not attend any college himself, naturally.

He truly hates higher education. Has called for it to be completely defunded by the government, in the OTB. Did not attend any college himself, naturally.

You hate college sports and are hoping for huge failures by the SEC, B12, ACC. You can't stand that states that for the most part run by Republicans are playing football; as they have recognized the minimal health risk to healthy 18-22 year olds.

You hate college sports and are hoping for huge failures by the SEC, B12, ACC. You can't stand that states that for the most part run by Republicans are playing football; as they have recognized the minimal health risk to healthy 18-22 year olds.
I don't hate college sports. I am patiently awaiting the return of Big Ten sports. Particularly football and volleyball. Won't be soon, though.

As always, and still true today, it doesn't matter if a single infected college athlete never even gets ill -- they spread the disease to other people who might, and/or who then spread it to other people who might.

I don't hate college sports. I am patiently awaiting the return of Big Ten sports. Particularly football and volleyball. Won't be soon, though.

As always, and still true today, it doesn't matter if a single infected college athlete never even gets ill -- they spread the disease to other people who might, and/or who then spread it to other people who might.

@MplsGopher greatly underestimates the cost of his compassion on society. It will overwhelm in total any benefit in particular.

@MplsGopher greatly underestimates the cost of his compassion on society. It will overwhelm in total any benefit in particular.
The cost, in my opinion so far, seems to be that we'll end up losing most things from March 2020 - Dec 2020. Or so. Maybe a whole 12 months.

That just doesn't seem like the end of our way of life. It sucks, of course.

But it could've been so much worse ....

It will be soon. And as soon as it does return you will be first in line to change your rhetoric. It’s an easy tale to predict.

Finally Plato you have recognized the deep wellspring of knowledge that Ogee possesses. Good Grief bro, Aristotle would have figure that out much sooner - improve your best know!!!

It will be soon. And as soon as it does return you will be first in line to change your rhetoric. It’s an easy tale to predict.
How soon? When is the announcement coming about “the vote”? Will it be today?

There never was a vote scheduled for today. Would be surprised if the presidents reconvene even by this week. They have huge universities to run, of which athletics is a minor component.

How soon? When is the announcement coming about “the vote”? Will it be today?

There never was a vote scheduled for today. Would be surprised if the presidents reconvene even by this week. They have huge universities to run, of which athletics is a minor component.
Athletics may be minor...but television contracts are not. I would think if we played they would prorate based on the number of games televised. Gable has quite a bit on her plate however and I agree with MplsGopher on that.

Twins are paying $25 million. Mayo Clinic $10 million. Other corporations ponying up big bucks for diversity. Republican states are playing fall high school football while dem states arent. Red states are playing college football while blue arent. Even on gh dems say dont play while repubs say play. In the big10 the schools that want to play come from red states, those that dont come from blue.

There is a definite pattern here that seems to supersede finances. Leads me to believe the big10 original decision was political and if they decide to play that will be a political decision as well.

The cost, in my opinion so far, seems to be that we'll end up losing most things from March 2020 - Dec 2020. Or so. Maybe a whole 12 months.

Tell that to the people who’s Businuess went under.

We are in a dangerous and probably irreversible pattern of overreacting to moderate emergencies. We spent 4 trillion reacting to 911. The same for COVID. When a severe emergency comes the buffer won't be there.

We are in a dangerous and probably irreversible pattern of overreacting to moderate emergencies. We spent 4 trillion reacting to 911. The same for COVID. When a severe emergency comes the buffer won't be there.
200k is moderate emergency? You waiting for Chicxulub part 2?

They’re alive. That’s the point.

A lot are not though. Suicides, domestic abuse, and child abuse are through the roof right now because Of the shout downs. Never mind the hospital admissions that are way down for strokes and heart attacks because of the fear of many to seek medical aid because of irrational fear created around Covid. People are just dying at home rather than seeking medical help via the ER’s.

A lot are not though. Suicides, domestic abuse, and child abuse are through the roof right now because Of the shout downs. Never mind the hospital admissions that are way down for strokes and heart attacks because of the fear of many to seek medical aid because of irrational fear created around Covid. People are just dying at home rather than seeking medical help via the ER’s.
Numbers published on this?

To an extent I agree but these are mostly Fox News talking points. U.S. suicide rates were at an all-time high in 2019 and are probably up a bit more during the pandemic. People dying at home from heart attacks, strokes, and the like? Probably has happened but it does not compare to the carnage from Covid-19. Handling the initial outbreak properly would have nipped most of it in the bud.

Twins are paying $25 million. Mayo Clinic $10 million. Other corporations ponying up big bucks for diversity. Republican states are playing fall high school football while dem states arent. Red states are playing college football while blue arent. Even on gh dems say dont play while repubs say play. In the big10 the schools that want to play come from red states, those that dont come from blue.

There is a definite pattern here that seems to supersede finances. Leads me to believe the big10 original decision was political and if they decide to play that will be a political decision as well.

HS football is being played in my state (democratic governor). It was not mandated from the state but rather determined by local governments.

HS football is being played in my state (democratic governor). It was not mandated from the state but rather determined by local governments.
As of 2 eeeks ago, 25/26 repub states were playing and 15/22 dem states were not. 2 undecided

Top Bottom